Kim is a vegan architect and runner from a Chicago suburb.
She posts a question every Friday at ilaxstudio. I collected a bunch of her Friday questions.
2. Do you donate blood? Do you know your blood type? I haven't donated in quite a few years. It takes them so long to get enough out of me that the last time I went they kind of suggested it might not be for me. Oh, I do know my blood type. It's A+.
3. Have you ever been in a play or musical? I've never been in a musical. Good grief, that would clear the theater! I don't have a lick of musical ability. I was in several plays in elementary school. One year my class did two plays in order to have enough parts for everyone and my teacher gave me a part in both because she thought I was the only one up to it.
4. Do you use certain text or ring tones for specific people? Who gets their own? Or do you just use the default on your phone? I used to do that, but one, I can't figure out how to do it on my current phone and two, hardly anyone actually lets their phone ring so when mine does I don't want it to be too obnoxious. I use the whistled theme song from the Andy Griffith show for everyone.
5. When did you get your first digital camera? Do you still shoot on actual film, or all digital now? I guess it's been about 10 years since I got my first digital camera. No, I don't use film these days. Some days I miss that, but not too often. It's so much easier and more fun to be creative with the digital images.
6. What do you think someone else would say the most daring thing you’ve done is? Probably taking a group of teenagers from across the denomination on a mission trip to the Navajo reservation. Being responsible for a bunch of teens who are away from home and in new and unique setting is a bit of a challenge.
7. Do you talk with your hands? Sometimes. Not as much as I used to.
8. Do you have a lucky number? What is it, and what is the story behind it? No lucky number. I like the number 9 for some unknown reason, but I don't believe in lucky items. However...
9. What kind of milk did you drink, growing up? And now? Apparently I was allergic as a baby so I was on a soy formula. I think that shaped my life-long dislike of milk. I've always had to drink it flavored to get it down. When I was really little and lived with my grandparents and later was babysat by my grandmother I drank raw milk from a neighbor's farm. I can remember going with my grandfather to get it in milk cans. I even remember churning butter a few times. At home we drank regular old pasteurized whole milk. As an adult I've always bought 2% until about a year ago when I tried almond milk. I still don't like it plain, but the vanilla and chocolate are delish!
10. What is your favorite kind of pie? Not a big pie eater, but I wouldn't say no to strawberry-rhubarb or cheesecake.
11. Are you a note taker? Oh yes. I should have taken shorthand because I tend to take copious notes.
12. Do you have an eclectic mug collection, or is your stuff all matchy matchy? No matchy-matchy stuff here. In fact, I gave away the mugs that matched my everyday dishes.
13. Do you have a junk drawer in your house/garage/at work/wherever? Do I have a junk drawer?
14. What is the longest amount of time you’ve worked at one job – and what was/is it? That would be my current job. I've been working for this company for 12 years. The kids who were in 1st grade when I started are now seniors. Man, now I'm sad. And old.
15. How old were you when you took your first commercial flight? To where did you fly? Well, I flew long before my first commercial flight, which I think I took when I was 20. I would have either been flying from Pittsburgh to Orlando or from Orlando to Pittsburgh.
Have a great Sunday!