February 27, 2020

Thankful Thursday

A big thank you to Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand for hosting our gathering of thankful hearts every Thursday!

There is always, always something to be thankful for, but this week I am particularly thankful....

** My laptop continues to limp along and I haven't had to take it to the computer "hospital" just yet. I know it's coming, but every day that it doesn't freeze into a useless hunk of metal, plastic, and mysterious computer parts...I'm a happy girl.

** It looks like there is going to be a bright side to the corona virus scare. Coke has announced that production of Diet Coke is going to be delayed because they haven't been able to get shipments of artificial sweetener. Maybe I'm going to beat my Diet Coke addiction because...NO DIET COKE.

** I'm still working. Things have been going on at work. Mysterious things that we little people only hear whisperings of. First, a new financial officer was hired and the day after that person started an email went out telling us the CEO had been terminated (along with her parents who both worked for the company, too). A consulting firm was brought in to look into why the company hasn't shown a profit. The state inspections are over....as a whole the home's performance was sort of okay. Our census counts are down so employees are being sent home daily. 

I learned yesterday that the consulting team has said that changes are coming in the next few months. Big changes and that people aren't going to be happy. If anybody knows what that means they aren't saying. So, yeah, I'm glad I'm working. Actually, going part-time may have saved me. If I was still full-time, I'd probably be losing a day or two a week, anyway. Or someone else would be sent home so I could work.

** I'm off today so I don't have to deal with the nasty weather and drive to work this morning. It's not supposed to be a huge snow storm, but it's bad timing, very windy, and very cold.

** My Bible study group met for dinner on Tuesday. I love my peeps! We had such a good time of fellowship and the food was yummy. We are taking next week off before getting back together the following week. 

** We've entered the lenten season, the 40 days leading up to Easter. I love me some Easter! I have to work this year, but it's okay. Easter is the one holiday for me that isn't really about all the hoopla that has grown up around it. It is about Jesus, his death, and resurrection. It's about the one thing the Christian faith hinges on. For me, lent is a time for deeper reflection on exactly what Jesus did for me, for all of us. It's a time to celebrate and praise his name!

** I'm not Catholic, but I love, love, LOVE the Pope's suggestion to the church about what to give up for Lent. In case you haven't heard, he told them to put down their phones and pick up their Bibles. 

** I get to have me some grandbaby time this morning. Megan has a dentist appointment so I get to walk over and stay with the kiddos while she goes.

** I'm always thankful for each one of you. You all add something to my day with your comments and visits and I thank you for it.



Love and blessings to you on this cold, snowy Thankful Thursday!

15 comments:

  1. Bad weather here too...blizzard warnings, the wind has been blowing (50 mph or so), blowing snow...I guess old man winter has one last "oomph".

    As for the corona virus, personally, its just hyped up/ginned up. Folks, just quit panicking. Just a saying...oh and I can't drink diet coke the artificial sweetener gives me headaches, LOL.

    Oh dear on the job...perhaps the good Lord is leading you in another direction, my friend? I had a fellow blogger/good friend IM the other day...and I was like, "Wow" you got a point. Always keep an open mind, my friend. smiles

    Amen to the Lenten season, my friend. Stay warm today and have fun with the grandbaby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I'm with you. I think they are blowing the corona virus way out of proportion at this point. 2000 have died and that's a shame, but 14,000 have died during this flu season in the U.S. alone. I was watching this morning and while it's more contagious than the flu, it's less contagious than measles.

      As for the job, I don't know. I'm happy there at the moment, but I go where the Lord leads. :)

      I hope you aren't buried in snow today!

      Delete
  2. I love me some Easter too!! I hadnt heard that from the Pope & am not Catholic either, but I just really like this Pope's take on things. He seems so wise.
    YIKES about the workplace!! I'm sure that makes things a little tense right now when there's big shake ups! Glad you took that leap to part time when you did. Isn't it crazy how God's timing works?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God's timing is great! You'd think we'd stop being surprised about that. lol

      Delete
  3. Let's hope we are picking up our Bibles always. I love mine...hope you do ok at work and get to keep your job. enjoy those grands...you are blessed to live so near.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Put down your phone and pick up your Bible? I am not Catholic either, but I love that pope!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe everything happens for a reason, but that business about the changes at work has to be a little unsettling. I'm trying (again) to give up carbs, but the Pope's recommendation sounds far wiser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to give up carbs ALL the time. Why does it always have to be the yummy things we need to give up for our health? Couldn't egg plant or something be bad for us?

      Delete
  6. We had some snow, but very little and it's not too cold here. Hopefully with the things going on at your work, it will settle down quickly and all be for the better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm glad you didn't get the arctic blast of cold with your snow. It is freezing here!

      Delete
  7. Grandbaby time!! What a blessing!! I sure hope the changes at work are for the best. Sounds like something has been happening in the top offices. Interesting. Yes to praising our Lord more during this Lenton season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grandbaby time was a great way to start the day! Yeah, something is definitely afoot and seems to have been for a while. Maybe we'll find out what one day.

      Delete
  8. Hi Stacy! So much to be thankful for. I really love that suggestion from the Pope. I have been spending less time scrolling through my phone since I took the Facebook off of it. I am NOT sorry I did so. Less time spent on Facebook is so much better for me. I love Easter as well and will be fasting at least one meal a day during this season. Hope the changes at your job don't negatively impact you. Have a really good Friday. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.