February 28, 2020

A Few on Friday

Well, there's no new snow and the wind has finally stopped blowing, but baby, it's cold outside! Which explains why I am inside still in my fleece jammies, fleece robe, and fuzzy socks.

At some point I'm going to have to face the cold, harsh, world and get dressed and go run some errands, but not yet. And before that happens, I've got a few questions for a Friday.

1. What irrational fear do you have?  I don't think my fears of snakes and sharks are irrational, but I have to admit my fear of running over a snake with my car because the snake would stick to my tire and somehow end up in the car with me might be a tad irrational. But just a tad. 

My son used to tell me that my having to turn on a light and look in the toilet at night was irrational until a couple of years ago when a Texas family found a rattle snake in their toilet and the plumber/snake charmer who came to remove it found another 20+ in the pipes! Yeah, I'm not giving up any fears where snakes are concerned.

2. What would be the scariest monster you can imagine?  None of the made up monsters really scare me. The monsters that scare me are the real ones, the human beings who are so broken, so evil, that they have absolutely no respect for human life and give in to the sick and twisted urges of their minds...the Jeffrey Dahmers and Ted Bundys of the world. Those are the monsters that make me lose sleep.

3. Who is/was your most interesting friend?  He isn't exactly a friend, more like a close acquaintance, but the pastor at the home where I work is definitely that person. I am always telling him that he and his wife need to write a book or books about their lives. He is Hungarian, born in Romania, studied in Jerusalem among other places, has lived all over Europe, Canada, and the eastern U.S. He speaks 6 languages. His father was a champion pole vaulter and his mother qualified for the Olympic swimming team (but it ended up being the year they didn't go). 

His wife's father was a world famous hunter who organized and led safaris all over the world. He had a large estate and a "hunting castle" in Hungary where he also raised very successful race horses. The family moved to Argentina to escape the communists and he ran a big hunting preserve there. His wife was well known for showing horses in Argentina. It's all so fascinating and I love listening to his stories.

4. What is something you can never seem to finish?  Pick a craft project. Any craft project, but especially those that involve yarn or thread. I run out of enthusiasm before that kind of project is done and once that happens I can't get it back. I'm best for quick, easy crafts...like 30-minutes-or-less crafts.

5. What is the best thing you got from your parents?  My love of books and learning and my sense of family loyalty.

Have a blessed day!

5 comments:

  1. Great post! Have a great Friday, Stacy! See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isnt that the truth - man can be the worst monster of all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, you're not the only one; I've harbored similar thoughts about running over a snake. 'Tween the toilet and monsters my 'what-iffer' is spinning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so with you on those 30-minute crafts. If I crochet something, it has to be double/triple stitches so it goes fast. I lose interest if it takes too long. I agree with you about the monsters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Friday Five! I’m rather wary of snakes, too. Dean says he sees them at the ranch often. Sherry has killed several including one in her kitchen sink. So far I’ve been blessed.....I’ve seen only a couple up at the big tank. And I wasn’t very close to them!

    Evil people are the true monsters in this world!

    I’m sitting up in bed with the bedroom door open to the outside patio. I sleep with the door open most nights. I love being able to do this but our summers are nearly unbearably HOT!!
    Happy Leap Day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.