Saturday 9: On the Radio (1979)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) The action begins when a letter falls out of the pocket of a brown overcoat. What color is your coat? The parka I've been wearing the last few days while it's been snowing, blowing, and absolutely frigid out is black.
2) The lyrics ask if it "kinda strikes you sad when you hear our song." We don't want to be sad this Saturday, so we're asking what song makes you happy. My go-to happy songs are these...
3) Right before this song hit the charts, Donna Summer hit the cover of Newsweek. Are there any magazines in your home now? If yes, who is on the cover? There are several magazines in the house, but none of them have people on the cover. They are all country and flea market decorating magazines.
4) Donna wrote the lyrics to this song, while producer Giorgio Moroder wrote the tune. Moroder is known as "the father of disco." Is disco a genre you enjoy? It is. I still ask Alexa to play it now and then and just the other day I bought a "best of" disco CD at the thrift store. It will be good car music.
5) This song got additional airplay throughout the 1980s because the game show The Price Is Right played it every time a contestant won a stereo. Today, the most popular audio equipment sold at Best Buy is a sound bar to improve the quality of TV audio. Have you added a sound bar or sound system to your TV? Nope.
6) Moroder has won two Academy Awards for Best Song. The first was for "Flashdance ... What a Feeling" from Flashdance and the second was for "Take My Breath Away" from Top Gun. Do you have a favorite movie soundtrack? Two of my favorites are Hairspray
8) Kourtney Kardashian was born in 1979, the year this record was a hit. Keeping Up with the Kardashians has been on since 2007. Have you ever seen it? Nope. I've never seen so much as one second of it and I hope to keep it that way.
9) Random question -- When getting dressed in the morning, what's the second item of clothing you put on? I think my socks have that honor.