February 24, 2020

Tuesday 4: Odds & Ends

Linking up with Annie today for the Tuesday 4.

1.  You're having a lovely dinner party for friends and family.  What will you serve for appetizers, main course and dessert?  Wow. This isn't something I can toss out off the top of my head. I'd have to spend hours pouring over my cookbooks deciding on a menu. I love to cook and I'm actually pretty good at it, but I'm not so good at deciding what to make. All I can tell you is that it would most likely be something sort of simple because there'd be less chance of someone not liking it.

2. Snow storm!    You've got house guests and you're all stuck inside for the night. What do you prepare for dinner.  Will you  watch a movie? Which?  Something simple, but filling and comforting like soup, chili, or pasta would be the meal. As for a movie, I'd go for a mini marathon of movies set in beautiful warm locals (My Life in Ruins, Blue Hawaii, etc.) or fun musicals (Hairspray, Mama Mia, etc.).

3. We are going into New York City for the weekend. Where do you want to go?  I want to visit the 9-11 Memorial and see a Broadway musical.

4. You are going to night school.  They offer courses in writing short stories, painting, piano  or guitar lessons, simple home repairs, baking, and gardening. Which do you pick  ( or make up one of your own)  and why?  I'd choose gardening. I probably know most of what they'd teach about writing, I'm not interested in painting or making home repairs, I have zero talent when it comes to music, and I can bake fairly well. I love to garden, but there's a lot to know and I could use some help in that area as I've started to garden in raised beds in the last two years and it's a whole new ball game. Or if it was about flower gardening...even better! I have no talent when it comes to planning out beds.

17 comments:

  1. We don't get snow storms where I live in So California. But once we went to Big Bear Mountains and the cabin we stayed in lost power. So we stayed in the family room around the fire sharing stories. It was like camping inside. We had hot chocolate and cookies. We were so thankful we got extra firewood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did that once when I was a kid, but it was at our house and we were without power for 3 days. My parents were getting pretty tired of it by the end.

      Delete
  2. No matter what different food choices etc., I think it would be fun to have all of us get together, smiles. Have a great day, friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know zilch about gardening, but my sister and her husband have raised bed gardens and they grow great stuff there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed your answers, especially fixing simple meals.
    Have a good Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would LOVE to see the 9/11 Memorial. I just know its so emotional

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we live about 30 minutes from the Flight 93 memorial and that's tough. I can't even imagine Ground Zero.

      Delete
  6. Yes, the 9/11 Memorial would be great to see. I don't have many recipe books but I do have a recipe box that is overflowing. Someday I'll get them organized.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a couple of recipe boxes, but the only one that has very much in it is the one I inherited from my grandmother. As for the cookbooks...they pull me in. I have a pretty big collection.

      Delete
  7. I'm not a fancy cook so I'd love to look at the cookbooks with you and maybe take a cooking class!

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we should start with my Granny Clampett cookbook? lol

      Delete
  8. Chili and fun musicals? I'm sooo there! I've not much of a singing voice, but I love Broadway scores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't carry a tune in a bucket, but I bet we would have a ball singing along with Hairspray.

      Delete
  9. Fun questions this week! Chili seems to be a favorite for most of us! There is a chili cook-off competition here in our community this coming Saturday. It will be interesting to taste all of the concoctions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to go to something like that, but it's not Tim's thing so we've never gone.

      Delete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.