October 12, 2019

Sunday Stealing: Easy On My Mind (Thanks, Bev!)

These are several questions stolen from the Tuesday 4 meme.

You can join in the fun here.

1.   Have you ever known anyone that’s been on tv, including you?  I've been in news clips a few times as someone in the crowd and once I was interviewed when a local mall closed. Tim was on the news for the grand opening of one of the stores he built. I can't think of anyone else.

2.   What do you find yourself buying all the time? 
Food. We can't seem to live without it. Oh, and books and little somethings for the grandkids.

3.   When was the last time you got a real letter in the mail?
  About a month ago from my newly found half-sister. If you haven't heard that story yet, you can read it here.

4.   Have you ever lived in a house/apartment that has been broken into?
  No, but several years ago a guy strung out on heroin tried to break in to the house in broad daylight when our daughter was home alone. He went away on his own and I will just say it's a good thing because I have zero faith in our county's 911 operators after that incident.

5. Did you walk to school with your friends? Take a school bus? Ever have someone carry your books home from school?
  I rode the bus for virtually all of my school career, which means there was really no need for anyone to carry my books.

6. Do you like pumpkin seeds? Do you carve the pumpkin and roast the seeds? Do you buy packaged, prepared pumpkin seeds?  I do like pumpkin seeds and when the kids were young we always saved and roasted the seeds from their Halloween pumpkins. We made several flavors: spicy Cajun, cinnamon-sugar, and ranch. I don't bother now that they are grown and I don't like them enough to bother buying them, either.

7. Does your car or did a family car have a name?
  My car, when the sun shines on it, is the color of and sparkles like Dorothy's ruby slippers so I call her Ruby.

8.  The first week of October was National Mystery Series Week. Do you sleuth alongside Nancy Drew or Miss Marple? Fan of Nero Wolfe?
  Nancy Drew is more my style.

9. Have you ever spent ages writing something on your computer when it suddenly crashed and you lost it all?  I don't think I've ever had it crash and lose everything but my laptop has an annoying habit of waiting until I've written and entire blog post and then magically deleting it. I think it has something to do with the way I move my hand over the touchpad, but I'll be danged if I know what I do.

10. Are you one of those people who can sleep through anything?  Usually. I may not sleep for very long, but I tend to sleep like the dead when I do sleep.

11. What type or kind of art do you like? And do you draw or paint yourself.
  I like what I like. I don't limit it to one kind of art. I don't think I could say that I like any one type across the board. I don't paint, but I used to draw a lot. I haven't done it much in the last decade or two so I've kind of lost the skill. I have to try hard enough that I don't enjoy it.

12. If you went to London, where would you go first?  I suppose Buckingham Palace or the Tower of London.

13.  What is one quote that you love to quote? 
I can't think of anything right now, but probably something goofy from a movie.

14.  Do you ever at times see the world in black and white? 
Yes. I believe there are some things that are black and white.

15. Do you believe there is life somewhere else in the universe?  The universe is a really big place so I'd guess it's possible. Maybe even probable. But I still believe it was all created by God.

16 comments:

  1. Great answers. I hope you have a lovely day friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you recognize questions 5, 6, 7 and 8?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sleep like the dead too. It scares me sometimes. Love your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't scare me since I don't sleep for very long. It's not like when I was a kid and could have slept through the entire end of the world. I actually wish I could sleep that long and that deep these days.

      Delete
  4. I don't DIS-believe there are other life forms in the Universe … but I love your last sentence. I'm no Bible scholar, but I don't recall Genesis saying ".... and (only) Earth."
    Because I'm too clumsy to master a touchpad, I'll never own a laptop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. It says God created the heavens and the earth. The heavens are a very big place with a lot of stuff going on...I see no good reason why some of that stuff couldn't be life. Now, would that life resemble us? I don't know about that.

      Delete
  5. The new Nancy Drew is on the CW on Wednesday nights. I expect you can catch the first episode online and catch up before it shows again this Wednesday. I haven't watched it yet. I hope to tomorrow night (hubby will be at work and I taped it). You could try coloring. I was surprised at how much I liked that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooo….maybe I can watch Nancy Drew with Comcast's On Demand? I do have some coloring books. I like to do it once in a while, but it isn't something I do too often and I have to find the right coloring book. Those ones with all the designs in all the tiny spaces stress me more than relax me.

      Delete
  6. I love impressionist art (Monet, Van Gogh). Seeing them in person is mind-boggling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes. The Carnegie Museum has one of Monet's Water lily paintings. I get lost in it.

      Delete
  7. #3 -- My friend Kathy came home from work got a call from a brother-in-law she didn't know she had. Kathy's father always told her that her mother abandoned her but in reality, her father kidnapped her when she was very young. Anyway, Mom remarried and told her new family about Kathy. The children of her second family even celebrated her birthday every year. So armed with Kathy's exact date of birth and full name (and the Internet), her half-sister was able to track her down. She couldn't handle making the call, so she asked her husband to. At first Kathy was overwhelmed and creeped out. But then she got thinking of her own children -- how important genetics and health history are -- and so she began a relationship with new family. They get along and she's glad they reunited. In fact, she visits them out west each year. I hope your story ends as happily as Kathy's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think it will. Not sure how things will play out with the father, but it seems to be okay with the siblings.

      Delete
  8. I had a similar experience. My half siblings were not a surprise but my dad secretly married their mother. I was so pissed because I was working with him. He knew I would say he was suckered punched. I was right and after that divorce my father knew that I was right. My half sister is a month older than my youngest child. The half brother is younger. She's very nice but the brother has deep psychological problems. Good luck. It will be fine...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Being in the crowd Really cool about being in the crowd.
    I’m glad you have connected with you half siblings. There is nothing in the world like having more fsmily times. We are, after all, one big family in God’s eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.