June 18, 2018

Monday Catch-up

Good morning, y'all! It's going to be another hot one here. Well, 90 is hardly unbearable, but the humidity is approaching the if-it-were-any-higher-it'd-be-rain level and we all know it's the humidity that's the killer.

It's quiet this morning except for the hum of a neighbor's lawnmower and the birds. It's quite the contrast from yesterday when our daughter, her husband, and our youngest grandson were here all day.

(If you recall, they have been staying at my mom's house while waiting to close on their forever home. What a long, stressful process that has been! You can read about some of the fun here.)

Anyway, since she and my stepdad usually spend the summer and fall at his house up on the ridge, Mom doesn't have the air conditioners put in the windows these days. It was sweltering yesterday so the kids came here to enjoy the air conditioning and it was chaotic to say the least due to the fact that they were packing to leave for Alabama last night.

The trip to Alabama was a sudden decision brought on by my daughter's overwhelming desire to have a dog. NOW! She has wanted a chocolate lab for quite a while and they have been looking, but as you know, purebred AKC dogs are very expensive. Through one of her cousins she found one for $350 in Alabama. So, they wired the money to her cousin and she picked up the puppy and has been keeping him for the last week. They left last night around 6:00 and arrived in Alabama just a little bit ago. They're staying today and tomorrow to visit and then heading back tomorrow night. It's a 12-hour drive and with the little one it's best to drive at night while he is sleeping. They will be back Wednesday morning and Thursday they finally close on their house...unless Quicken Loans throws something else at them. (Don't ever use Quicken Loans if you value your sanity.)

My grandpuppy "Hank."
Can't wait to meet him.
I wonder if he'll bark with a
Southern accent??

On Saturday I went to the library's used book sale. It was kind of disappointing. The volunteers who run it are all my mom's age or older and it is getting to be too much for them, I think. The amount of books they have to sell seems to get smaller each year and this year there wasn't much to choose from unless you wanted James Patterson books or romances. Lots and lots of romances. They stopped accepting biographies, histories, self-help, religious, etc. because they had far too many of them leftover after the sale, but I miss having all those books to browse through. Still, I did manage to fill up my new large utility tote from Thirty-One.

That's pretty much all that went on around here that's worth mentioning. I'm looking forward to today and tomorrow being calm, quiet days because Tim gets his knee surgery on Wednesday and I don't really know how the post-op goes. He seems to think he's going to work the next day. I'm hoping the doctor tells him different. Blood clots and bleeds are the big concerns with this surgery and I don't want to have to worry about him being on the job site, doing something he shouldn't (because we all know he will), tearing his knee back up, and having a bleed.

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. OHHHHH MYYYY GOSHHHH - I dont need puppy fever but yet, here I am getting it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That puppy looks SO cute!! Glad you found some books at the book sale. It's never fun to walk away with nothing! Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.