June 17, 2018

Sunday Stealing: Likes, Loves & Peeves

Our intrepid host, Bev, says of this week's questions, "This is from "Today is a Fashion Show and the World is My Runway."

1. Five ways to win your heart.

  1. Don't lie to me.
  2. Leave the drama at home.
  3. Be kind to all people.
  4. If you make a promise, keep it.
  5. Make me a priority.

2. Something you feel strongly about.  My family, my faith and living it out the best that I can in all things.

3. A book you love. I've read three books by Fredrik Backman: Bear Town, A Man Called Ovi, and My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry. They are all so beautifully written and so insightful of human nature that they leave me in awe.


4. Five pet peeves.


  1. People who think it's perfectly fine to say any hateful thing they feel if they don't agree with you about something.
  2. Being with someone and being ignored in favor of their cell phone.
  3. When you take your dirty dishes to the kitchen and pile them in the sink...right beside the dishwasher. That extra foot would kill you?
  4. People who walk their dogs around the neighborhood and let them take a dump in anyone's front yard (and don't bag it) or let them pee on my flowers.
  5. Drivers who go really, really slow. Until you try to pass them, then they put the pedal to the floor and if you drop back behind them again they immediately slow back down. Seriously. What the heck?
5. What you ate today.  Nothing for breakfast, some of my grandson's popcorn chicken and leftover roasted potatoes for lunch, and a beef enchilada with chips and salsa for dinner.

6. How important do you think education is?  It's complicated. I believe learning should be a life-long endeavor, but as far as higher education, it depends. There are college degrees that produce lucrative careers. If one of those is your calling, by all means go for it. But if you're going for some nebulous liberal arts degree, give it some more thought. The world is full of college graduates who are saddled with crippling student loan debt and can't find employment in their field. Right now experts suggest the better investment is a technical school. I tend to agree...but that doesn't mean you can't keep learning.


7. Five people you find attractive.


  1. My husband, of course.
  2. Sam Elliot
  3. Kyle Chandler
  4. Tom Selleck
  5. Denzel Washington
8. What you wore today. Denim stretch capris and flow-y hot pink top.

9. Something you always think “what if” about.  What if my husband is struck by catastrophic illness/disease or dies young and I'm left on my own? Those are the really scary thoughts that only come in the darkest of times.


10. Something you’re proud of.  My family.


11. Five items you lust after.


  1. A Ford Mustang
  2. A big savings account
  3. A house with a finished bathroom
  4. A housekeeper
  5. Storage space
12. Five words/phrases that make you laugh.



Keep moving.

Oh yeah, every parent gets it.


That would be my husband.

McDonald's doesn't fry them in lard any more so,
like, they're healthy, right?

Can I borrow someone's ex?

13. A quote you try to live by.  



Show love, be patient, be kind and good.
Exercise a little self-control of your mouth.

14. Something you like and dislike about yourself.  


  • Like: I try to give people the benefit of the doubt and think the best of them...till they remove all doubt.
  • Dislike: I am such a procrastinator!
15. A problem that you have had.  Where on earth would I start? There have been so many over the years, but thankfully, they've mostly all worked out one way or another.

Have a wonderful day celebrating the men in your life today! I heard a great quote about them recently...."They are always blessings, it's just that sometimes they are blessings in disguise!" LOL


Click the button to visit
the Sunday Stealing site.


16 comments:

  1. I had that #9 fear the other night. It's terrifying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hate when that fear slips into my mind. I try to nip it as soon as I realize the direction my thoughts are going.

      Delete
  2. This was fun reading. I have to say about pet peeve #1...I am totally with you! It seems like in this day of social media, we have thrown all manners and politeness aside. (It's the main reason I got off Facebook.) Honestly, if you don't agree with something someone has said, just click away. You don't have to call them ugly names and start an internet cat fight.

    And even in person...not everything we think needs to be said!!

    Have a great day,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree completely. It's as my husband often says, Facebook, Twitter, texting, and all the rest have insulated us from the hurt we cause others. Most people wouldn't say to your face the awful things they feel completely free to say online.

      Delete
  3. Your answers to number 12 made my day and yes, made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the sequel to Bear Town on my summer reading list! I loved that book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's on my want-to-read list, too. I hope to get to it before the summer is over. All the rest of his books are on my list, as well.

      Delete
  5. That thing with the cellphones - yes! What is wrong with people? I leave my cellphone in the car when I'm out with somebody. Whoever I'm with is the priority, not somebody dinging my bell from out in the stratosphere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are times when I'm out with someone and they are completely focused on their phone that I'd like to just reach out and snatch it away and smash it on the floor.

      Delete
  6. I like that last quote! LOL Oh my goodness, our company (recently gone) put every dirty dish in the sink instead of the dishwasher - right next to the sink. I even said on numerous occasions... please just put it in the dishwasher. What is the problem? I use the dishwasher. PUT THE DISHES IN THE DISHWASHER! That cellphone thing at the table is a good one too. Geesh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My whole family does that. Tim says it's my own fault. He refuses to put anything in the dishwasher because I'm just going to rearrange it anyway. He's right, I know how to make more stuff fit in there, but if he'd drop it in there at least it would be out of sight in the meantime.

      Delete
  7. Your response to #6 is perhaps the best argument I've heard. I'd no particular aspirations; yet, my parent's expectations included my attending college. It about broke their hearts when I threw in the towel after two years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dad wasn't thrilled when I didn't finish, either, but I've often thought I wish I had known about trade schools. I know so many who went to one for 8 months, learned a trade, and had a great career and no student debt to pay off till they die.

      Delete
  8. Yes, I'll go with 9. Actually, we are both more afraid of losing another kid.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you said, "Make me a priority." We're ALL busy. True friends are the ones who make the time.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.