February 11, 2020

Tuesday 4: One for the Books



Today I am linking up with Annie for the Tuesday 4 and a little chatter about books and movies.


1.  Do you have some favorite books to share?(if you don't read, how about favorite TV programs or movies?)  My all-time favorite books (other than the Bible) are Little Women, Lottery by Patricia Woods, and Gone With the Wind. My favorite series are Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series, her Fox & O'Hare series, and James Rollins' Sigma Force series.


2.  When looking for a book (or program) what things do you look for?  Excellent writing and descriptions that make me get feel like I am there or a plot and characters I can relate to or something crazy, entertaining and escapist. 


3.  Does the cover of a book make a difference or help you choose? (or do trailers help you decide on a TV or movie program?) Sometimes, but more often a cover may turn me off rather than attract me. When it comes to movies and TV programs the trailers definitely draw me in...or chase me away.


4.  What is your favorite genre of book, TV or movie? That is, is it science fiction, romance, mystery, true story, biography?  My favorite books are cozy mysteries, technical thrillers like the Rollins books (though I also enjoy the really gross ones like the Bones or Body Farm series), and modern literature. If a book can either fascinate me right from the start or make me laugh out loud, it has it made. When it comes to movies I like rom/com and comedies. As for TV, I like off the wall "reality" shows...Pawn Stars, American Pickers, Swamp People, Duck Dynasty, Alaskan Bush People, etc. 

18 comments:

  1. Good answers, Stacy! I like a lot of the same things you do. But I am not into technical thrillers. Give me a good cozi mystery any day. I like the Coffee House series, and the knitting mysteries. Jan Karon books are good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is the Coffee House series the one with the lady named Claire who's married to a cop and divorced from her business partner? I've read a few in a coffee series that I liked.

      Delete
  2. Hi Stacy! So fun to learn from preferences in books and movies. If I have time tonight, I may join in since I am an avid reader who LOVES books. Have a wonderful Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope you do. It's always fun to see what everyone likes to read.

      Delete
  3. Same here, smiles...although, I gave up on the Alaskan Bush tv series. They were driving me nuts, being something they are not.

    Hope you have a great day, friend. Today is the day I visit a new hairstylist. I'm a little wary. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know, but ALLLLLL of the "reality" shows are so fake and some don't even try to fool you. I think that's why I find them so entertaining...kind of like the Three Stooges or something. lol Have you ever seen Mountain Monsters on Destination America? That is, hands down, the stupidest show ever but it makes me laugh so much (grown men running around in the woods at night with loaded guns chasing or being chased by Bigfoot)...or it did until they got into all this "spiritual" stuff the last season. Then it was too much even for me. I am sad that the Seminole father and son are gone from Swamp People. Tim said he heard the dad got in trouble and is in jail. :(

      I hope the hair appointment went well. Will there be pictures? :D

      Delete
  4. Enjoyed your answers, especially #3.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isnt it funny how a cover can do that - really draw you in or make you go "MEH"
    I reallllly gotta read Little Women.. I need to make it a goal. That & Gone with the Wind - you pick some thick paged books for favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is making me want to read and I am not home enough when I am working. Dang it. Summer will be here soon enough. Loved your answers! Have a nice week.

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one thing I can do...take my Kindle to work and read during my break.

      Delete
  7. I always say, so many books, so little time. But I do enjoy my Bible journaling! I think I will dog out my Little Women books and read them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think all book lovers say that. I know I do. That and there's no such thing as too many books!

      Delete
  8. I'm still so sad when I see a rerun of Pawn Stars that features The Old Man. How silly am I? It's not like I knew him.

    I wish I liked the Evanovich books, but I really REALLY disliked them. This leaves me lonely because everyone in the world but me thinks they're funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel kind of the same way...he reminded me a little of my great-aunt's husband. I also can't get over skinny Chumlee.

      There have been books I felt that way about. Tons of hype from everyone, rave reviews so I get my hands on it and....nothing.

      Delete
  9. I love Swamp People! Thought I was the only crazy woman who likes to watch gators being killed! I forgot to mention the Stephanie Plum books. Love them too. Fun questions today. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.