February 10, 2020

Currently

Outside my window...it's another gray day of rain. *sigh* At least the temperature is in the 40's and the snow continues to melt away, but what a soggy, muddy mess is left behind.

I am thinking...if we don't get some sunshine soon I'm going to lose my mind!

I am reading...(I kind of hate to tell you after what I said last week) but I just downloaded book 3 in the Nun of Your Business series by Dakota Cassidy. I know I said the whole ex-nun possessed by a demon, with a demon best friend, and an owl possessed by a demon for a pet wasn't my thing and it really wouldn't be if was a big deal. As I read through the first book, it turned out to be more of an little thing they kept mentioning, but it didn't really have much of a part in the story. It ended up being funny and light and an entertaining, easy read. So I read the second one over the weekend and now I'll be starting the third. I'm also starting a more serious book, Finding Dorothy by Elizabeth Letts.

I am watching...nothing. Tim had the TV on watching his true crime shows all weekend, but I don't pay much attention to that. I haven't really found another show to watch since I finished the only season out of Virgin River.

I am thankful...Tim and I had a nice day out on Saturday. We scouted around some antique stores, had lunch at a favorite restaurant, and ended up buying a new loveseat so I can finally get rid of the ugly, smelly, and incredibly sinking brown sofa we currently have. We've had it through the kids growing up and it is just shot, but Tim loves it and has been very resistant to parting with it. He now has 2 weeks to say goodbye!

I am wearing...I'm still in my jammies and robe.

I am celebrating...winning the battle of the sofa.

I am listening to...Ronnie Milsap with Alexa.

I am creating...a more organized atmosphere. I'm trying, anyway, to do some decluttering and reorganizing.

I am feeling...terribly lazy. Curse this gray weather!

I am hoping...to get a lot done this week.

In my kitchen...a lot of healthier foods in the hope of actually eating healthier.

I am grateful...the debates and primaries have begun. That means we are that much closer to the whole sordid mess being over and done with.

A quote to share...




5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the fits of giggles over Tim and the couch, grin. I so can relate. I hear ya on the lack of sunshine. I was telling my husband, enough of these gray skies. smiles

    Have a great day, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son had a ratty armchair that DIL abhorred. Instead of kicking it to the curb, however, he brokered a deal and it now sits in the upstairs den ... out of eyesight to all but immediate family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gray weather is killing me too! I think we have to push through it for a few more too! UGH!!! I need to consider a move to sunnier climates! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the endless gray days in Ohio. So glad to be in Florida when the sun shines most days! Congrats on winning the sofa war!! Pictures when it comes, please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that quote - so true. We were sunny yesterday and this morning, but the sky turned more gray as the day went on. We have had a very cold breeze blowing today. Hope you accomplish all you want to and have a really great week!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.