February 18, 2020

Tuesday 4: Beauty "Secrets"

Good morning! I'm joining in with Annie for Tuesday 4. Today she asks about cosmetics and toiletries.

1. What brand of shampoo do you think works best for you and what does it do for you?  I use John Frieda Frizz Ease shampoo (and all the other products in the line) because while I am currently wearing my hair straightened, it is naturally very curl, very dry, and very frizzy. John Frieda products do a great job of taming all that without adding weight or making my hair to oily.



  
2. Do you have a favorite brand and shade of lipstick and blush?  I don't. I rarely wear make up and when I do, I go for light, natural looking shades so it doesn't look like I'm wearing any.




3. Is soap your favorite for face washing or do you use other products?  I use a few different Neutrogena products, they do different things, but they all control oil. I tend to have very oily skin.




4. Do you have an all-time favorite perfume or scent that you wear? If you don't wear perfumes, is there a scent you love in general?  I don't wear perfume because it's too strong and kills my sinuses. I do, however, wear body sprays because they are lighter. I use those by Bath & Body, Works because I go before Christmas when they have deals like buy 3, get 3 free. I can stock up for the whole year that way. I usually stick to the scents that smell fruity or like other food scents (vanilla, sugar...). I can't do florals. 




My all-time favorite scent was a Calgon body spray called Hawaiian Ginger. It smelled of ginger and pineapple and coconut. It was heavenly and I got a lot of compliments on it, but I haven't been able to find it for a couple of years now.

21 comments:

  1. Now, see, I can't do Vanilla or musk smells. My grandmother a longgggggg time ago taught me how "to walk" into perfume, never actually spray it on your skin. Crazy I know. I have dry/combo skin, no oily and I wish my hair was thick or curly, smiles

    This was fun reading all the response, smiles. Have a great day friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I walk into a cloud of spray, too, and I like when it hits my hair because then my hair smells pretty all day. There's also the layer school of thought. Use lotion, powder, etc. all in the same scent as the perfume or body spray.
      Sorry I didn't get a chance to respond yesterday.

      Delete
  2. Same as you, I rarely wear make-up and nor do I wear perfume.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun post, and that last meme is hysterical! Thinking some of our elderly church-goers might benefit from this; but I wouldn't want to hurt their feelings. My DIL recently turned me on to Neutrogena gel eyeliner -- love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I used to die sitting in church if there were 2 or 3 competing clouds of scent going on. Gel eyeliner? I might have to check it out.

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed reading your answers! Hope your week is going well! Blessings! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Rebecca. I'm sorry I'm a day late in responding. I just never had a chance yesterday.

      Delete
  5. I wish there was a Bath & Body Works near me. I have to go all the way to the faraway mall and really only make it once a year. (That's where I buy the spray I use to refresh my Christmas wreath.) But those warm, foodie scents you mention intrigue me.

    You responded on my post that you were going to look for Black Pearls for your mom on Amazon. I recommend you don't bother for two reasons: 1) It's really nowhere near close to White Diamonds, so I'm not sure she'd like it and 2) since it's been discontinued, it's crazy expensive. When my current stash runs out, I'm switching scents. I'm not paying those prices for any fragrance, no matter how much I like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the rate our mall is emptying of stores I may not have a BBW near me much longer.

      Delete
  6. Neurtogena is he product I use most myself!!! My 48 year old skin is like a 13 year old when I try anything else

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love their products and their a good value for the price.

      Delete
  7. I remember Hawaiian Ginger and even Avon made a cologne in that scent at one time. I got a nice chuckle out of the hair graphics you used! I just recently began to shop at Bath and Body. My granddaughter loved In the Stars so when I got her some, I got me some too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found I can get Hawaiian Ginger on Amazon, but it's not cheap.

      Delete
  8. Oh, your post brought me right back to college senior year.. I lived in the senior dorm.. in a single room with a bathtub.. glory.. I let Calgon take me away every night!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A single room and a private bath? Wow. That would have been wonderful!

      Delete
  9. I enjoyed my visit here today. That picture remind me of me. I have tried the Frieda products but they really mess up with my sinuses. I found a coconut spray conditioner I can use to tame the wildness. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to watch with conditioners. So many of them are too oily for me.

      Delete
  10. This was fun. No perfumes for me either. It is sad you can't get your Calgon scent anymore. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the B&B sprays too. We also use them in the bathroom. They smell better than glade or whatever the heck those scents are to cover odor.
    Why do they have to discontinue things we like? This happens to me all of the time. This was a fun meme for me! Loved your answers! Have a great week!

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you use the room sprays or just spritz some body spray?

      Delete
  12. I enjoyed reading your answers. Have a good week.

    http://gloria'sretiredlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.