February 17, 2020

Currently

Outside my window...30 degrees with a heavy frost, but some sunshine and temps in the mid 40's is today's forecast.

I am thinking...about work. Today is one of those two days that couldn't be changed when I reverted to working part-time. It will be the first time I've had to be around my boss in over a month. 

I am reading...I just finished Finding Dorothy and haven't yet picked my next read.

I am watching...the morning news.

I am thankful...this has been a very mild winter for us so far.

I am wearing...my pajamas and robe. I wanted to see the weather forecast before getting dressed.

I am celebrating...nothing in particular and everything in general. Every day of life we are given is a gift and worth celebrating!

I am listening to...a lot of Randy Travis hymns at work. I've found that the residents like his deep voice and it soothes them.

I am creating...a list of things to do in the garden. It will soon be that time and there are things to be done even before the growing season.

I am feeling...content.

I am hoping...to get a lot done during my days off this week.

In my kitchen...nothing is going on. It was a work weekend and we ate out and then ate leftovers. I'll have to make something tonight. Maybe Belgian waffles and sausage?

I am grateful...that our children's lives are going well, with good work,  and thriving families.

A quote to share...actually, there are two. They go together.




Have a beautiful Monday, friends!


12 comments:

  1. I met Randy Travis. Very nice man (and shy too). I babysat for a woman when I was first in college and her dad worked for a bus company that drove him around. We got backstage passes and toured his bus. That was long before he was famous and into things he ought not have been, just saying.

    I always enjoy your posts, have a great day, friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw him in concert a couple of times in the late 80's or early 90's. His music is what got me liking country music. I was hooked the first time I heard "Forever and Ever Amen." So sad how things have turned out for him. Thanks for the kind words, Linda. I always appreciate your visits.

      Delete
  2. Isnt that interesting about Randy Travis voice - I wonder if it is the depth of it that calms the patients.
    SOOO - since my last comment a few hours ago - I found that book is at my library to read on my kindle for free - SUPER EXCITED ABOUT THAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think it's the deep, mellow tone of his voice that does it. Sweet about the book! You'll have to let me know what you think. I loved it. It was one of those I just couldn't put down.

      Delete
  3. I like Randy Travis's hymns too. He has an amazing voice!

    Those are great quotes and, oh, so true. May we never tire of seeing the beauty in each new day!

    I hope working with your old boss goes well today.

    Blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does. It makes me sad that kind of threw it all away.
      Work went just fine. My boss was nice when we walked into work together and then we never talked the rest of the day.

      Delete
  4. So glad that you are feeling content and that things are going well. I love your quotes for today. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Randy Travis's voice and can understand how it is soothing to your patients. Hope all goes well with the old boss today. Let us know! Being content is such a blessing!! Have a good week, Stacy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problems with my boss. We got there at the same time and walked in together and she was very nice. After that she was in her office all day and we didn't speak.

      Delete
  6. Another Randy Travis fan here! Hope in your and your boss' case, absence has made her heart grow fonder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was nice for the little bit I saw her, but she was in her office most of the day and I didn't have to talk to her.

      Delete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.