February 6, 2020

Thankful Thursday

Good morning, friends! Wherever you are waking up this morning I pray that the nasty weather has missed you and you are safe and sound. I have to work today, but I am linking up with Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand for Thankful Thursday. I won't be able to get around to visit all of you until this evening, but I am thankful to Rebecca Jo for providing a place for us to gather and give thanks each week.

This week finds me thankful...

** that we had another burst of Spring-like weather. How amazing was it to experience 60 degrees and sunshine on Monday?!

** for the birds' morning song every day. I do worry about them being back so early, but their song lifts my heart. It sounds like Spring!

** for another great stack of books found at the Goodwill store.

** for a 3-hour gab-fest with my bestie. It had been too long.

** my new (really ugly) Vionic's pro sneakers, that are made for medical professionals who are on their feet all day, are very comfy and seem to help with my pain all the way from my foot to my hip. Now I'm wondering if a cute pair of their regular sneakers would work as well.

** a good deal on a Hebrew/Greek Keyword Bible. Knowing the meaning of the original words can lend such a depth to our understanding of the Word...and it's a little bit easier than figuring it out on your own with a concordance.

** for a couple of really good afternoon naps...something I never do.

** to have had the privilege of knowing 3 more residents of the nursing home who have passed away in the last week (yes, we are getting hit hard this winter). Knowing them well means it hurts more when they pass on, but it is worth it. I shared a meme on Facebook the other day that captures it...



** for time to spend with family and friends.

** for new pictures of some of my favorite Valentines.



** that right now in this moment in time all is right in my world.

** of course, for each one of you who stops by to visit!


Have a blessed and happy day!



12 comments:

  1. Awwww love the photo of your Valentines. Have a great day, friend.

    P.S. I have an ugly pair of "work" no slip shoes that are steel toed, but man, let me tell you, they work in the snow and ice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are supposed to be no slip shoes, too. I don't worry too much about that since work got us those chain things that slip on your shoes last winter. No need for them yet this year, but they worked great getting from the car to the building and the building back to the car last year.

      Delete
  2. What a precious photo of your little loves! You need to print that out and frame it!

    I love talking with my bestie too. We talk and pray together every Friday. Such a joy!

    That is a great quote..and so true. So many stories pass away forever when each old person dies. I'm really glad that you have had such lovely people in your life at the nursing home. Even though it's sad to lose them, knowing them has been a blessing to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just might have to get that photo printed up on a canvas. It's just too cute!
      What a great thing to have that regular time with your friend.
      Thank you. I really do enjoy older people. I always have. I love listening to their stories.

      Delete
  3. That picture is so adorable! Grandkids are so wonderful. Sometimes we just have to give up looks and go with the comfortable. It's not fun, but it sure does feel better.

    Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I have definitely given up good looks for comfort with these babies. lol They are black and while they are slip ons, they have an elastic strap that crosses over and closes with Velcro.

      Delete
  4. Those little ones are so adorable. I enjoyed reading your list of thankfuls, and I wouldn't let ugly shoes bother you if they keep you pain-free!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't bother me for work. I'm hoping at some point to get a pair of their normal sneakers that look like normal sneakers to see if they will work for me when I'm not at work. I hope so.

      Delete
  5. Look at those sweet babies!!!! I can see your heart right there
    OHHH - that Library / older person passing meme.... isnt that the truth :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that's definitely my heart. :)
      The library/older person meme is so true. We are losing so much.

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful image of Colton and Leah! I missed that meme on Facebook, but I need to go looking and share it. 'Wonder what super-secret patent Vionics has, that competitors couldn't manufacture a like-kind, more-affordable shoe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what Vionics does different from other shoes with major arch support, but they sure do work for me. They are expensive, but not any more so than the other premium sneakers I've been buying and at least they actually help!

      Delete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.