January 16, 2020

Thankful Thursday

There is plenty to be thankful about on this Thankful Thursday...though being awake since 4:00 (when I don't have to work until noon) isn't one of them. Ha! Linking up today with Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand for the celebrating of life's good stuff...all brought to you courtesy of the Almighty!

This week I am thankful...

** to be putting in my last week as a full-time employee. Beginning next week I will only be working part-time. 

** for a great night at Bible study. Everyone shared the one word God had given them for the year ahead and the Bible verse(s) that revealed what God was saying to them. It was so exciting and cool to see how all the words connected and went together and actually spoke to the whole group.

** for the Bible study friend who is a massage therapist and noticed my knee was giving me pain after class. She talked about some kind of "bands" in my leg and felt it and said they were tight. She also said the swelling at the back of my knee indicated inflammation of the bands and the lymph nodes. She offered to work on my leg for free so next week we're going to see when we can work it out.

** that all the residents were pretty calm yesterday...except for a little bit of time after supper.

** for the coworkers who have expressed their concern that something was wrong since I was cutting back to part-time...and their gladness that I'm not leaving.

** to have some girl time lined up with a friend tomorrow. We are meeting up for lunch and then heading to Pittsburgh to go to the Vionic's shoe store there.

** the crazy warm weather we've had. It has cooled off a good bit today and it looks like more "normal" temps are here to stay for a while, but still it's the middle of January in Pennsylvania and this past Saturday it was 72 degrees, which broke a 130 year old record!

** that I have continued to avoid the flu/virus/whatever that has been going around at the home for over a month now. It has finally hit the dementia unit, but so far my good fortune is holding.

** that I didn't run out of gas coming home last night because I totally forgot I REALLY need to fill the tank.

** my lost car keys turned up last night. They were in my purse...which I had emptied more than once while searching so I have no idea where they had been hiding in there. I'm just glad they turned up since it was not only my car keys, but the house key, my mom's house key...

** for the love of my Lord and Savior who reminded me "As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love." Abide...continue, remain, persist, hold on, dwell, reside, lodge, live. I am to LODGE myself in his love! We all are. His love is our HOME!

** as always, for all of you!



Have a blessed and beautiful day!

14 comments:

  1. Amen - Thanks to the Almiighty Indeed!!!!
    So much good stuff happening in your world - love it!
    isnt it nice to be appreciated & to know everyone is glad you're not leaving. Says a lot about your character.
    Was it your IT Band? That can cause all sorts of knee issues. Glad you have someone who can help you.
    His love is our home... what a wonderful reminder to start the day.
    Have a great one friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After you mentioned it, I googled IT Band and, yeah, that sounds like what she was talking about.

      Delete
  2. So wonderful that you can cut back your work hours. A few years ago I worked full time for the summer, and it was SO hard to get anything else done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard and with my leg giving me so much trouble right now, all I want to do when I get home is sit down and put my feet up.

      Delete
  3. Yay for finding lost car keys! Car keys are so expensive to replace these days. And a free massage from the therapist in your Bible study group? Winning!!! You have a lot to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I was really fretting about. My son works for Toyota so I knew pretty close to the penny how much having keys made would run. Soooo glad I found them.

      Delete
  4. Glad your car keys turned up! Awesome massage offer and I hope it helps your knee! Let us know how it goes! I am so happy for you to be starting part time work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I googled the IT Band and it sure sounds like the problem I've been having so I am hopeful about the massage. I will certainly let you know how it goes.

      Delete
  5. What a lovely post full of gratitude. I love how you see the good in your week, and thank God for it. Have a great weekend and I will see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed your post today. I may have to do Thankful Thursday in the future.
    Girl time is important. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and yes, you should join in! It's the best blogging day of the week!

      Delete
  7. I’m so happy for you that you get to go to part time. So awesome! I like your thought on lodging in His love. Very good

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.