January 17, 2020

Saturday 9: Miss Independent

Even though I'm dropping back to part-time at work, I still have to work every other weekend and this is my weekend. I can't give up the Saturday 9, though, so I'm linking up with Sam and the gang!

Miss Independent (2003)

Unfamiliar with this week's song. Hear it here


1) The song begins with Kelly describing a woman who is "independent" and "self-sufficient." Are you feeling especially independent and self-sufficient this morning? Or is there a particular task on your to-do list that you wish you had help with?  I tend to be independent, that's the way I was raised, but my knee has been giving me so much grief lately that I wouldn't mind some help around here. Not with anything in particular...just in general.

2) Kelly especially enjoys that this song was a hit, because she had to argue with the record company to even include it on her album. Tell us about a time you're glad fought to get your way.  I can't think of anything. I probably hate conflict more than anyone you know, so I do my best to avoid it.

3) The video depicts a very lively party that spills from the house to the pool area. What's the last party you attended? Was it held indoors, outdoors, or did the revelers enjoy themselves both inside and outside?
  Well, we are real party animals around here. The last party we attended was our grandson's birthday party. It was in December so it was inside.


4)The partiers are playing with "silly string." Have you ever indulged in a "silly string" battle?
  Oh, once or twice...waaaay back in the day.


5) Kelly Clarkson has a new daytime talk show. Who hosted the last entertainment talk show (as opposed to news) that you watched?  I saw a little bit of the Ellen show the other day so, Ellen.

6) Kelly Clarkson told a foodie website that one of her favorite foods is sushi (especially California rolls). She said she's surprised how fond she is of it, since as a kid, sushi is a food she wouldn't even try. Tell us about something you had to be convinced to try, or do, that you were surprised to find you enjoyed.  I never had any desire to go on a cruise and everything you hear on the news made me want to go even less, but our friends talked me into going on one this past summer and I absolutely loved it!

7) In 2003, when "Miss Independent" was released, Microsoft and Sony were furiously competing for gamers' attention. Do you own Playstation or Xbox, neither or both?  I think back at that time we had both or maybe one and a Game Cube because both kids were still at home. These days we are the old people who have a Wii and we never use it. My son wants it because it is a rare red one, but I refuse to give it up. You never know, we just might start bowling or something.


8) Also in 2003, the best-selling cookbook was The King Arthur Flour Baker's Companion. It features foolproof recipes for old favorites like waffles, pancakes, flat breads and crackers. When you look for a new recipe, are you searching for an easier/better way to make something familiar, or are you more likely looking to try something new?  Something new. I love experimenting with food and have a large collection of cookbooks. In fact, I just bought another one last week. I'm also a sucker for new kitchen gizmos and gimmicks...air fryers, Belgian waffle makers, cooking a chicken in a bundt pan, to name a few.




9) Random question: Which has gotten you in more trouble -- love or money?
  Money. Definitely money. Or rather, the lack of money.

18 comments:

  1. Interesting answers. Have a great weekend and I will see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when all anyone talked about was wii! Is it still a thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably not...except in nursing homes. We just got done choosing our team for a Wii bowling league. All the participating homes have their team bowl and then the scores are submitted. At the end of the season someone gets top dog honors. The residents really enjoy it and are quite competitive!

      Delete
  3. Lack of money has gotten me in trouble too. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not much fun, is it? I hope those days are long behind me.

      Delete
  4. Whaaaa …. chicken in a bundt pan? Tell me more!
    #2? More often than not, I'll cave. Betcha I could give you a run for your money on avoiding conflict. (*smile*)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's not much to the chicken...it's on Pinterest (sorry, I can't remember exactly how to do it). It's very good, very juicy and tastes like a rotisserie chicken.

      Delete
  5. Whaaaaaaaaaaaa chicken in a bundt pan? SERIOUSLY? COOL. I try to avoid conflict, but you know,, certain folks just get on my nerves, LOLOL.

    Have a great day friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously cool and EASY. Not to mention delicious! It tastes like rotisserie chicken. Yeah, I know...they get on my nerves, too, but I'd rather walk away than get into a conflict unless it really is that important.

      Delete
  6. We always seem to answer most of the questions the same or close. Fun questions again this week. I will be thinking of you working your new hours this next week! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That we do, Terri! I sure am looking forward to those new hours...even if this week I have an extra day that my boss couldn't get covered.

      Delete
  7. I had a Wii for a while, and used the Wii Fit to good advantage. Then they upgraded it and the program didn't work as well, and eventually I sold the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that's what my son wants ours for since it's the more valuable red one, but I'm not giving it up yet.

      Delete
  8. Oh, and congrats on the part-time position change. Hope that works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As I get older the parties get earlier in the day because no one now likes to day after dark and no one stays up late any more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the same here. Nobody hangs out for more than a few hours these days.

      Delete
  10. I would love to go on another cruise! That chicken looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.