December 5, 2019

Thankful Thursday

Good morning, everyone! I'm sitting here enjoying my morning caffeine and watching the snow come down while sitting by the glowing Christmas tree...a lovely morning to share a little thankfulness. I'm linking up with Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand for Thankful Thursday.

This week I am thankful...

* I woke up this morning to find that the antibiotics are kicking in and the swelling has gone down a good bit from yesterday. Thank goodness! I was starting to be a bit concerned when after 3 doses it seemed to be even redder than before and then it was throbbing pretty badly during the night. It was a big relief to wake up to find it smaller and without pain. This is the third soft tissue infection I've had since working at the nursing home. I just might become a germaphobe because I already wash my hands, sanitize and use gloves constantly.

* none of the winter storms that have rolled across the country in the past week have done more than bring us a dusting of snow here and there. We usually get hit, but it was all just one big miss this time around.

* for the great day we had for our late Thanksgiving on Saturday. The kids had a good time playing together and Colton was so excited to see his cousins. 

* for the ease of Amazon shopping and all those smiling boxes delivered to my door....and for the fact that we are not plagued by "porch pirates" in our neighborhood.

* that a good portion of my shopping is done. Now to start wrapping. 

* for each one of you.

* for a baby born so long ago, born to die and change the world, so that one day I could live. 


Be blessed & thankful today!

9 comments:

  1. Amen!! That last one!!!
    I'm super thankful for Amazon delivery people! :) that'll be on my list next week - haha
    So glad you got to enjoy your Saturday Thanksgiving!
    & YAHOOOO the swelling is going down! Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving shopping online and getting the packages at home too. I'm not finished, but it is moving along nicely. So glad your infection is getting better, hopefully there will be no more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm off tomorrow so I'll be trying to finish up my online ordering then.

      Delete
  3. A huge Amen on that Baby born so long ago!

    So glad you are starting to kick that infection!

    Love,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are feeling better. I say "Amen" to all of those things on your gratitude list! Have a good Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! Amen to your last one! I am happy to read that your late Thanksgiving celebration was wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you glad the winter storms missed you or were you hoping for snow? Your amazon shopping reminded me I need to look on-line for things for my granddaughter! Thank you! :) And that baby born so long ago... has changed my life completely! Oh come let us adore Him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen to the last thought...and yes, Amazon here too...and no porch pirates either. smiles

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.