December 4, 2019

Leave It to Me

It's 6:30 a.m. and I've been up for over 2 hours. Thanks, dog. I really wanted to get a lot done this morning before I have to head to work for a 12-8 shift, but it's not looking good. I'm tired.

Not much is happening around here. 

Amazon continues to drop packages daily. (Oh how I love online shopping!) I've made a good start on gifts, but with only 22 days (including today) until Christmas I need to get busy, busy, busy!




I don't know what was up yesterday at work. The residents were so sleepy. I could NOT wake them up in the morning and the one woman who was awake and is usually pretty fiesty and funny was very quiet and grumpy. She didn't like anything about me yesterday...not my straight hair, my shoes (normally she likes them)...and she was pretty much anti-Christmas. Maybe it was the gloomy weather moving in. Changes in the weather can affect them.

It worked out that I am missing most of the Christmas decorating. That makes me very happy. My boss gets a little crazy and stressed over big events so if I can avoid her in that mood, it's good. It also means I don't have to fluff every tree in the whole home...which is the job she gave me last year. I totally hate fluffing trees.

Our friend's father died over the weekend so I had to skip Bible study last night to go to the funeral home. It's a huge family so the funeral home was packed. We had to park a long way from the building and walk. Inside it was like being in a sardine can. Since the funeral home was about 45 minutes from home, we paid our respects and got out of there as soon as we could. We needed to find some dinner, anyway.

Finally, leave it to me. I am apparently the most susceptible person in the world to nasty, infectious baterias. Yesterday found me at Med-Express right after work because what I thought was maybe an ingrown hair on my neck (ya know, after a certain age plucking becomes an issue) began to get bigger and redder and throbby-er throughout the day. It started to spread along my jaw and up into my cheek and my nose. I knew, at that point, that it was an infection so went straight from work to get checked.

After throwing around scary words like MRSA and staph, they said they couldn't actually tell me what I had because they couldn't culture it since it wasn't seeping. Lovely. So, once again I am on a major antibiotic and also an antibiotic cream for the next 10 days to kick the butt of whatever nasty has taken up residence. I gather because of how quickly it came on and spread they are taking it a bit more seriously this time because I got a lot of instructions on how to care for it and what to look for to judge if I need to go to the ER at any point.

I've got two doses in so far. No change, but I have noticed that ibuprofen does, at least, help with the throbbing

Ah, fun, fun, fun.

8 comments:

  1. My dog got me up early today and most days sooner than I want. Time is flying by so fast. I still have things I need to buy so I can get them in the mail. Life is so busy. Praying your infection will clear up quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH... that is so scary! Hope the antibiotics kick in!!!!
    Isnt it strange how it seems like moods or vibes run through everyone at the same time? Like full moon sort of stuff. So crazy!!!
    Side note - I love fluffing trees. If I were near, I'd come do it for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel better soon. Get lots of rest to fight the infection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. NO fun, for sure! All the possibilities are frightening, indeed. Lifting prayers!
    Fluffing Christmas trees was something my narcissistic boss was really OCD about. Of course, she couldn't be demeaned to do anything herself. (Can you tell how much I miss her?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi - I am a new visitor to you blog, coming over from Kathy's blog. I hope you are feeling much better today and that whatever you have is short lived. Hope tomorrow is better than today for you. I love you blog and will check back again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wow, that infection sounds really dangerous. I'm glad you got yourself to a doctor quickly and that you are now on medication for it. I wonder if you could take an herbal or vitamin to beef up your immune system, since you are around so much illness in the nursing home?

    What they told you about culturing the germ is funny. Reminds me of last year when my husband had extreme pain in his toe. Thought it was gout, so went to the doctor. They said they couldn't test for gout until he was pain-free. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is just crazy the way your infection started. Keep us posted about the healing, please! Funny how all the residents were sleepy and grumpy. You are probably right about the weather. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.