December 16, 2019

Currently

I am...

Reading...not a lot of time for reading right now with work, birthdays and getting ready for Christmas so I am still working on The Four Seasons by Mary Alice Monroe.

Listening to...a lot of Christmas carols, particularly by the group Home Free.


Loving...waking up to an inch or so of snow this morning (pretty but not enough to be a problem).

Thinking...about what gifts I still need to get and about getting serious about wrapping those I already have.

Feeling...blessed and content.

Celebrating...nothing in particular right now...just the birth of my Savior and the increased peace and good will among men.

Grateful...that God loved all of us so much that he still would have sent Jesus to Earth had it been for only one of us...if it was only for me. That is some serious love.

Weather...it's about 25* this morning with snow coming down, but by this afternoon it's going to warm up and turn to rain. Lots and lots of rain. By evening it may turn back to an icy mix.

Enjoying...my new hair style and color now that I've got the hang of straightening it.

A thought to share...


11 comments:

  1. I really really really need to get my hair done. The guys like it growing out--me its so thin. sigh...

    Anyways-have a beautiful day friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do what you want to your hair because the guys don't always know what they like. After I quit straightening my hair Tim told me that he liked the curls and had always hated it straight. Now I've ditched the curls for straight and added gray highlights (he's also been anti-gray for me) and he tells me he didn't like the curls and loves the new look. What???? Just proves...do what you want to your hair. lol

      Hope you are missing the snow today. It is going all around us, but we shouldn't see more than a stray flurry and it looks like no white Christmas.

      Delete
  2. I get my hair cut and colored this Thursday. Am going to talk to her about maybe letting it go gray. Repeat, maybe!

    I love that you are so content. Contentment brings peace to the heart!!

    Have a wonderful day,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's too bad it takes most of us so long to find contentment and thus the peace.

      Delete
  3. Are we sharing the same life because most of these are exactly what I'm currently doing too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I guess that's just the life of a female the week before Christmas!

      Delete
  4. I do love your quote at the end. I want to thank you again for your comment on my blog a few days ago. It really gave me hope. Sending hugs from UT! Glad you are enjoying your Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome. That was sure a difficult and painful period for our family, but I share the story with those in similar situations (I see it more and more, unfortunately.) in order to encourage and give hope. The Lord is faithful and he can do what seems to us to be impossible!

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed this! It is a busy time of year. I think we need to see another picture of your new hair style! It will all get done... that's what I keep telling myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tell myself that, too, but I've also learned to "let it go." Sometimes I just have to stop and ask myself if something is that important to me or if it matters to anyone other than me and if the answer is no, then why do it? Nobody other me cares if Christmas is "perfect."

      Delete
  6. Merry Christmas
    Love your blog and catching up with your life!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.