December 17, 2019

10 On Tuesday

It's time to revive 10 On Tuesday, I guess...nothing else seems to be going on out there following the passing of Toni last week. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family.

Anyway, if you're new to the blog 10 On Tuesday is just a collection of ten thoughts, random or related, that are on my mind. It can be ANYTHING. It's sort of a weekly brain dump. Ha!

So, here are my 10 for this week:

1. Thursday is Tim's birthday. Not quite the "big" one (60), just 59. Not sure when we will go out for dinner. Weeknights don't work for him. Maybe after work on Saturday.

2. Thursday is the Activity Department's Christmas party/dinner/get-together or whatever you want to call it. We are meeting at DeNunzio's Italian Chop House & Sinatra Bar. It's located at the local airport and the outer walls are all floor to ceiling windows so you can watch planes take off and land. At Christmas it is arguably the most beautifully decorated restaurant I've ever seen. Prices are on the higher end of moderate, but not too bad. It's a very nice treat and while the turnout was pretty small last year, there are 10 of us signed up to go this year.

3. I keep saying I need to wrap Christmas presents. I hate wrapping presents. I am procrastinating as usual. Tonight. For real. I will start on it.

4. I love the Cuddle-duds throw I got as a gift at my Bible study group's Christmas party this past Sunday. It has pocket for my feet. A pocket. For my feet. It is so toasty. It was just the thing last night. I was hot all day at work yesterday, but then when I got home I could not get warm until I curled up with my feet in that awesome pocket. (They tell me Cuddle-duds are another product featured in the Hallmark movies.)

5. For something new, I tried bidding on an online auction. It was kind of fun. I didn't have the winning bid on two lots I really wanted (chalkware bookends with hunting dogs and a collection of dog figurines), but I did win on two lots of books...all history books. I have to pick them up on Thursday.

6. It's a good thing Thursday is my day off.

7. Cookie baking isn't going to happen this year.  No one is going to care if I buy some cookies, instead.

8. Our son-in-law built a platform for their tree and the train we got Colton for his birthday. He did a nice job.



9. We owe him a big thank you for building Colton's Christmas present for us, too. Tim said he was going to do it, but the man doesn't have time, nor does he feel well enough. I knew it would get ugly so asked the kids if they could do it. It was a good choice. Look at all those pieces!


10. I'm not in the mood, but I have to wish you a good day and go get my stuff gathered up and head out for work. Boo!

14 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh do tell about your grandsons present...that sure is a lot of pieces. AND to answer your question from my blog-I am reading Allison Kingsley-the Bookshop mysteries...and DO YOU WANT SNOW? I/we have plenty to share, LOLOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All those pieces made a nice play kitchen and we got him dishes, pots and pans, and lots of little food sets. He's going to love it!

      Oooo...bookshop mysteries! I'm definitely going to look those up. I don't know if I've read any or not, but I love cozies.

      Hey, we survived Tuesday! :)

      Delete
    2. Indeed, we did survive Tuesday, grin. OHHHHHH I cant wait for your to show the finished product, smiles.

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday to Tim! He is just a few weeks older than I am. I'll be 59 in January. That bar and restaurant sounds wonderful. I mean, with the name "Sinatra" in it, how could it not be?

    The platform for the tree and train is perfect. It really allows the train to shine. All little boys love trains, don't they? My dad still remembers and talks about the train for his Christmas tree when he was growing up.

    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the Sinatra Bar sounds way cool, doesn't it? And I guess they all love trains. It's the first time Tim's gotten all excited about it. He never wanted to get our son one or our son's son...though those two would probably not be into it.

      Delete
  3. Oh, that throw with the pocket for your feet sounds divine!! Sometimes, even with socks on, I can't get my feet warm. I need to find me one of those throws.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know where they found it. I went to the Cuddle-duds website and there were clothes, but no blankets.

      Delete
  4. That platform is great!
    'Thought I was the only person who loathes gift-wrapping. How I celebrate the invention of gift bags!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually do the gift bag thing, but decided to wrap this year. What was I thinking????

      Delete
  5. Thats why God created gift bags :)
    OHH -I could sit & watch planes take off & land all day long. Its just mind blowing to me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually do the bags, but for some reason got it in my head to wrap this year and I've already bought lots of paper and bows so I'm not going to go out and buy bags now. I'm not. Really.

      Delete
  6. Yes, I need to do some wrapping too and this week has been so busy I haven't got to it yet and don't know when I will. I think I will wrap some and gift bag some. That dinner sounds so neat. I love to watch planes take off and land. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That tree/train platform is really great! I used to hate wrapping too. Now we send money or gift cards. Sigh. I enjoyed your 10! That restaurant at the airport sounds really nice!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.