December 18, 2019

One Week to Go!

Good morning! I did something last night that I NEVER do. I slept 8 hours!!! Unheard of for me. So glad I straightened my hair last night since my morning (I don't work until noon today) is about 3 hours shorter than usual. 

I have to clean up the kitchen, wrap some gifts, and I want to spend some time journaling before I have to go to work, but for now I thought I'd do a post while I'm enjoying breakfast. I'm having bacon (don't you love the convenience of the pre-cooked stuff?) and wheat toast with some of the yummy peach jam I bought yesterday at the craft show at work. It's made by the sister of one of the dementia residents. I also got a jar of strawberry jam to slip into the toe of Tim's Christmas stocking. Oh, and potato soup. I bought a cup of the amazing potato soup my boss was selling. It was so creamy and tasty and then she sprinkled it with real crumbled bacon and cheddar cheese. Mmmm...just the thing on a cold, snowy day. I'd have brought some home for our dinner, but it sold out quickly. The craft show was a fundraiser for the activities department and was a huge success!

Today's questions come from a long defunct blog.

1. First, an easy one. In 25 words or less, what's your philosophy on life?  Love God, love your neighbor, be obedient to God's teachings...and everything else will fall into place.

2. Which country is your spiritual home? The United States. Why? Because I was born here. Most of my ancestors were here before it was the United States. What the country is makes up part of me and who I am is part of what makes up the country. I love the United States! We have faults, but we have an awful lot of good things going for us, too.

3. Tell us something about the oldest living member of your family. We mean as opposed to the oldest dead one.  These days I guess that honor would go to my biological father, who is 81. I don't know a whole lot to tell, having only recently found out about him, but I have discovered he can be quite generous.

4. Tell us something about the youngest member of your family.  That would be our sweet little granddaughter, Leah. She is such a happy baby. She loves playing with her Pappy.




5. Now we’ll do random. Have you ever had a negative experience at a gym (with other patrons, equipment, trainer) or with the gym themselves?  No, I can't say that I have.

6. If you could go back and change one friendship in your past, who would it have been, and why?  Ugh. I would do more to maintain one of my high school friendships. The girl tried to keep it up, but I was off in college and kind of just let it go, content to let it become part of my past. She died of a brain tumor 3 years after we graduated. 

7. If you could wish a wish and it be guaranteed to come true (and not to get more wishes), what would it be, and why?  I'd wish for my husband to be pain-free and well rested all the time instead of being the exact opposite of that, which he is all the time now. Because I want him to feel better and because our lives would be a lot different if he felt good.

8. What were you doing 1 year ago?  Working and trying to get ready for Christmas. What else would I be doing a week before Christmas?

9. Time to belly up to the bar. What drink can I getcha?  Usually a glass of wine will do, but I wouldn't say no to a watermelon margarita.

10. What's the furthest you've traveled to visit (or vacation with, etc.) a friend? To specifically visit a friend? I guess that would be a couple of hours drive from home, but if we count a visit coupled with something else....We drove from PA to Alabama several years ago to have Thanksgiving with Tim's sister and her family and while we were there we drove across the border to Tennessee so I could meet a friend from Myspace (yeah, it was a long time ago!). 

That's all there is so I am off of here to get this day started. We are down to 7 days people. Seven days! 

Happy Wednesday!

8 comments:

  1. Whaaaaatttttt 7 days? (sputtering-lol)

    I enjoyed your answers, and I have the same wish; health for my husband. And I would like a Apple 'Tini please, lol.

    Have a great day friend. P.S. Your more than welcome to visit here, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo…..an apple-tini would be good, too, as long as it's a vodka tini not gin.

      It would be fun to visit you! In the summer. ;)

      Delete
  2. Enjoyed your post. It's creeping up on us fast. Thankfully I got the packages in the mail yesterday, so I'm mostly done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray! Good for you being on top of things. I am so glad that mailing things is one thing I don't have to deal with.

      Delete
  3. Look at you with the sleep. The body will eventually catch up & say, NOPE _ we're snoozing away :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually, my body doesn't say that. I don't know what was up, but I will take it!

      Delete
  4. Hi Stacy. I love these daily posts. So fun! You sound ahead of me with Christmas prep. I haven't got any presents wrapped or gift-bagged and under the tree. Soon. I hope you have a good day and I will check in again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got some good sleep!!I enjoyed those random questions and your answers! I am the oldest person in my immediate family now, including aunts, uncles, and first cousins. This does not include Joe's side of the family. Kind of scary that it's me in that spot. Ouch.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.