December 14, 2019

Sunday Stealing: Book of Questions

Joining in with Bev and the other "thieves" for Sunday Stealing!


Taken from the Book of Questions

1. If you saw a dog locked in a hot car, what would you do?  Call the authorities and stay by the car. If it seemed to be taking too long, I'd break the window to get the dog out. I think my state has made a law to protect those who do so.

2.  Is it easy for you to accept help when you need it?  It depends on what I need help with.

3. Have you ever been in a fashion show?  Actually, I have. My junior high school had a modeling club and we put on 3 or 4 fashion shows one year.

4. Would you like to be famous?
  I don't think I would. I think I would hate to have that kind of constant attention.

5. What is your most compulsive habit?  Probably everything I do online. I spend way too much time on the laptop/cell phone.

6. What do you most strive for in your life: accomplishment, security, love, power, excitement, knowledge, or something else?  For most of my life it was probably love...something Freud or someone would, no doubt, attribute to my biological father not being around and to never measuring up to my adopted father's standards. These days I'd say it has changed over to security.

7.How close and warm is your family?
  We're close if you don't look too close at some of the relationships and I'd only describe a few people as actually being "warm."

8 Does that fact that you have never done a thing before increase or decrease its appeal to you?
  It depends on what it is. It wouldn't make a difference for something like traveling or trying a new food, but for something physically dangerous or in front of a big group of people...it would drastically decrease the appeal.

9. If your friends start belittling a common acquaintance, would you defend that person?  Yes or at least try to change the conversation.

10.  Do you make a special effort to thank someone who does you a favor How do you react when you aren’t thanked for going out of your way for someone?  Yes, I do try to always thank people when they do something nice for me. I don't really do nice things for the thanks so it usually doesn't matter to me...the exception being when someone is trying to take advantage of me.

11. Since adolescence, in what 3-year period do you feel you experienced the most personal growth and change?  Probably the last three.

12. When you do something ridiculous, how much does it bother you to have other people notice it and laugh at you?  More than it should. (Another thing I can probably thank my adoptive father for.)

13. Do you believe in capital punishment?
  In some cases.

14. Do you find it so hard to say “no” that you regularly do favors yo do not want to do?
  At one time I did, but as I've gotten older I've gotten a lot better at saying no when I need to.

15.  What, if anything, is too serious to be joked about?
  I don't know that anything is. I say this because I think of those who work in high stress, difficult jobs...first responders, health care workers, etc...they often joke about terrible things, but it's a survival mechanism. Sometimes you see or deal with things so awful or heartbreaking that you have to laugh to protect your sanity. The one big rule, though, is to never joke about something you know will hurt someone intentionally. 

13 comments:

  1. Interesting questions and good answers. I agree with most of what you said, except that I have never been in a fashion show. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed your answers. Still working on my own. i am with you on being famous.. no thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your answer to #5. I do that too.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  4. No thanks on being famous. Great answers. Have a great day friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting questions today and your answers obviously well thought-out and sincere. Happy Sunday, Stacy! Blessings in the week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed your answers.

    http://lolasdiner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep to #1 … ask forgiveness, not permission. I, too, struggled between love and security. (Security won out.) Great answer to the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We all do too much on line - except shopping. Online is SOOOO much better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. agree with your answers esp the last one we almost said same thing. I limit my online time had gotten way to out of hand happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved the answer for #8.
    And, those fashion shows would have been fun!
    On line is a nice thing, but, you’re right! It certainly takes a lot of time! I’m limiting my on-line time.
    Such a great set of answers. The last is pretty much perfect.
    Hope you have a beautiful and peaceful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would never have guessed you were in a fashion show. And yes, people like my husband do joke about things that other people might find horrible, but it comes with the territory. Very observant.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.