November 8, 2019

Saturday 9: Heart to Heart

Heart to Heart (1982)

Unfamiliar with this week's song. Hear it here.


1) With whom did you most recently have a "heart-to-heart" talk?  A true "heart-to-heart"? Hmm...it's been a while. Long enough that I don't remember, but I'd guess that it was probably either my husband or my friend, Fran.

2) When this song was on the charts, audiences were tuning in to a TV show called Hart to Hart. Are you familiar with it?  I loved Hart to Hart! It was one of my favorite shows when it was on. We just watched an episode a couple of months ago...I can't say it's one of those shows that holds up well over the years.

3) In the music video, Kenny Loggins plays an illustrator. It’s said that the hardest thing to draw is a straight line, because all the joints in your hand have to work together in sync. Can you draw a straight line, without the aid of a ruler or a straight edge?  Nope. I've tried.

4) This video also prominently features teddy bears. A 2018 article in the NY Post estimates that 4 in 10 adults has a plush toy of his/her own. Are you one of the 40%?  Not right now. I am currently bearless. I have a few other stuffed animals, though.

5) Kenny Loggins performed in a tribute to Aretha Franklin at Carnegie Hall. Do you have a favorite Aretha Franklin song? I like her and all, but not really.

6) Kenny cowrote this song with Michael McDonald of the Doobie Brothers. You can also hear Michael on the background vocals. Do you have a favorite Doobie Brothers song?  I do. I've always liked Black Water. Even as a kid, I just thought it was fun to sing.
7) The third cowriter is David Foster. 1982 was a big year for Foster, since Chicago had a big hit with another of his compositions, “Hard to Say I’m Sorry.” Do you have a favorite Chicago song?  You're the Inspiration.

8) In 1982, when this song was popular, Tylenol capsules laced with cyanide killed 7 people in Chicago. In response, tamper-proof packaging was introduced. What’s the last thing you opened that required you break a seal?  Wow. The Tylenol thing was that long ago? Um, anyway, the last seal...a bottle of ketchup.

9) Random question – You’re having a party. Which guest annoys you most: the one who arrives 20 minutes early, or the one who shows up 20 minutes late?  It depends entirely on the circumstances. Is it someone I know very well? Is it a surprise party? A dinner party? For a regular old party, I wouldn't be all that bothered by either.


Thanks, as always, to Sam @ Saturday 9 for the musical trip down memory lane and the fun questions to answer.

15 comments:

  1. Now I have "You're the Inspiration" running through my head!

    I was on a date at Chicago's Civic Opera House that night in 1982. It was a fundraiser/tribute to Abraham Lincoln (I'm an Abe-o-phile geek) and Mayor Byrne did a reading. She was supposed to shake hands in a receiving line afterward and my date was proud he got us in to meet her ... but she was gone. Turns out the police chief had come to get her and apprise her of the situation before the news media got hold of it. Anyway, I just saw Facebook photos of my date's GRANDCHILDREN! Since that night, we broke up, he married someone else, had kids, and his kids had kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS I'm blathering there about the night of the Tylenol killings. Sorry I wasn't more clear.

      Delete
    2. LOL...I read your comment while I was at work and it did take me a second to catch on. I'd feel old about your last sentence, but that's pretty much what I've done since 1982. Well, I graduated from high school in '82 and then I had kids and my kids have had kids. That was a pretty impressive date, though. It left a lasting impression.

      Delete
  2. Black Water was another one of my favorite Doobie Brother's song that I liked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Doobie Brothers, grew up on them. ANYWAYS. I enjoyed your answers. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed this post.. Brought back a lot of memories. great music!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew! I thought I was the only human on the planet who's not fond of Ms. Franklin. The party-goer? Exactly; more information, puleeze! :) Hope to have my answers up this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, #9 is so true. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Black Water is another good Doobie Brothers song. Hard to play on the guitar, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun questions again this week! I enjoyed your answers, Stacy! Music spans all generations, I think. Samantha does a great job with these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! She finds something for everyone at some point.

      Delete
  9. Fun meme this week Stacy. Enjoyed reading your answers. Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As I said to Terri, these are such fun questions. Chicago was one of my favorite bands as a teenager. Even now, I enjoy their music. I think 25 or 6 to 4 is my fave of their songs.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Black Water is an amazing song. Almost chose it. You are bearless? You need to find some bears! lol

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.