November 18, 2019

Currently

I am...

Reading...I got my hands on the latest installment of Stephanie Plum's life, Twisted Twenty-Six, by Janet Evanovich. I'm about halfway through. So far, it's not one of the best ones. Stephanie is having a lot of angst about the state of her life, Grandma Mazur is newly widowed after a 45 minute marriage, Morelli and Ranger both seem to be more in the background, the bad guys aren't seeming all that bad, even Lula seems pretty tame (for her). It's an easy read, but it hasn't made me laugh out loud yet and Stephanie Plum always used to do that.

Listening to...Bob Seger on Amazon Prime.

Loving...our new Christmas tree. I broke down and paid the price (on sale) for a Balsam Hill artificial tree. I wanted either one of the ones with memory wire branches so you don't have to fluff or a flip tree that just folds in half, no assembly required. I got neither because of the cost. Both of those are over $1000. I settled for their "Most Realistic" grade and I admit, it is a beautiful tree. It is full and beautifully shaped even though I haven't fluffed it yet. (And no, I do not typically put my tree up quite this early, but I wanted to see it and I also wanted the big box out of the living room.)

Thinking...life is going to be crazy busy the next couple of weeks. I'm going to be working a lot with only 2 days off between now and Thanksgiving. I'm also going to be working a lot of 12-8pm shifts and several shifts that are close enough together that I'll get overtime for the second one. I also have to plan what we're having for Thanksgiving dinner and go shopping. Bottom line, blogging maybe sparse until it's over.

Feeling...content. Tim and I celebrated our 35th anniversary over the weekend. We didn't do anything really big...this summer's cruise was our big celebration. We had brunch with my Bible study group, who prayed for us, toasted us with champagne, and one woman blew the Shofar. That was pretty cool! We spent the rest of Saturday shopping, cruising the flea market, and riding around enjoying the beautiful day. We enjoyed dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse. Sunday was spent doing some things around the house and relaxing.

Celebrating...nothing in particular and everything in general. Life is good. We are blessed.

Grateful...for 35 years with my husband, for the life we have built, and that he is still my best friend and love of my life.

Weather...mild today. Not particularly sunny, but the temperature should hit, or at least get close to, 50 degrees this afternoon. 

Enjoying...my 50's. I think this has been the best phase of life so far.

A thought to share...




11 comments:

  1. A very happy anniversary to you and your hubby. Wishes for many more years, my friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your anniversary observance(s) sounds perfect! And who can go wrong with Longhorn Steakhouse? I hope you'll show us a photo of your new tree? Last year we paid $17 for a wee something-of-another. It's still living out back, but this year I want to splurge on something nicer.
    Thanks for the tip about Twisted Twenty-Six.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about Longhorn. They make the most delicious steaks and I was grooving on the new crispy brussels sprouts I got for a side. YUM! I will share a picture of the tree once it's decorated. Maybe on my day off next week I'll decorate so it will be done when Matt and the kids are here on the 30th.

      Delete
  3. The ease of so many years together - Happy Anniversary!!!
    Isn't it crazy what some trees cost??? NOPE... we're always looking for after Christmas for those 75%-90% off trees :) LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trees can be ridiculous, but I have to admit the Balsam Hill trees are the prettiest, most natural looking trees I've ever seen. Mine was $344 (including tax) and that was 40% off with an extra $15 off and free shipping!

      Delete
  4. Great quote! Contentment is not always easy to come by (as I know from my own experience), but when you finally ARE content, it brings incredible peace.

    Again, congratlations on your 35th anniversary. Gary and I are close on your heels---will celebrate 34 in February.

    With all your upcoming busyness, I hope you are able to find some time to be still and do some reading or something else that brings you peace and serenity.

    Blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm right there with you, Patti. I wasted a lot of time being discontented. I guess we learn with age and experience.

      Thanks for the hope that I'm able to find time to relax and recharge. That's so necessary for mental health!

      Happy early anniversary! I'm beginning to suspect all the best people got married in the 80's. lol

      Delete
  5. I really loved reading this post! Happy anniversary! And I agree with you about Stephanie's 26.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm wondering if Evanovich is dragging the Plum series out to book #30 and then maybe Stephanie will make some sort of decision about her life and live happily ever after.

      Delete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.