November 3, 2019

Currently

I am...

Reading...still working on Lose It for Life (it's an 11 week journey) and started another Christmas romance, Season of Wonder by RaeAnne Thayne. I'm also reading through a new (at least to me) magazine from Day Spring (the company that makes Christian cards and gifts) called Everyday Faith.

Listening to...a Hallmark movie.

Loving...that it's cold enough to sit around in flannel pj's and fuzzy socks.

Thinking...about the things I'm learning from Lose It for Life. It isn't like any other diet program I've ever seen, not even other Christian ones. It is completely dependent on having a deep relationship with God and surrendering control of the whole diet/food/weight thing to him. The workbook pages are giving me a LOT to think about.

Feeling...thankful. It's the season, after all. I am participating in the 30 Days of Thanksgiving on Facebook for the 10th year in a row. All you have to do to participate is post one thing you are thankful for every day in November (some versions require you to post 3 things each day). I love seeing my newsfeed filled with good stuff instead of anger and garbage.

Celebrating...the return of Tim's truck and getting my car back. After not having my car for 3 weeks while his truck was in the garage, I'm probably going to be celebrating this for a while.

Grateful...that my friend, mentor, and Bible teacher is going to be my accountability partner for Lose It for Life. The program requires you have support and I just asked her today. She's going to get the book and we're going to work through it together.

Weather...clear skies and a low of 33 degrees tonight. Sunny with a high of 59 degrees tomorrow. After that the temperature is to start dropping again until the high on Friday is only in the 30's!

Enjoying...that it gets dark earlier. I know, I know. I know I'm likely the only person on the planet that feels this way, but I just love how cozy our home is in the evenings with softer lights, candles or scented wax melting in a warmer (I'm currently enjoying the smell of Walmart's Better Homes & Garden brand butterscotch/maple. It smells good enough to eat!

A thought to share:




8 comments:

  1. Stacy, you are NOT the only person on the planet who loves that it is getting darker earlier. The days from the fall equinox to the winter solstice are my favorite of the year, as the hours of darkness are more every day. I love cozying up by the fire, with a cup of tea and a blanket. Who does that when it's warm and light outside?

    I love Better Homes and Gardens wax melts too. I hear ya about smelling yummy enough to eat. Sometimes, when I have one going, my husband thinks I've made a dessert. He is disappointed to discover it is only the wax melt.

    Yay, for getting your car back!!

    Have an awesome week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that I'm retired, the time change and getting dark earlier in the evening doesn't bother me too much. I would like us to stay in Standard Time rather than switching back. Good luck with the weight loss program! Do please keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't mind it getting darker earlier because as hitwoman for la famiglia della Vongole, it gives me more time for nefarious clandestine activities and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could stay in my pj's today...another school day, another 1/2 mile walk in the cold...sigh...smiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that it gets darker earlier too!!!! And I am SO glad you got your car back!!! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the flannel pants & warm snuggly socks too but then hot flashes hit me & I'm stripping them all off!!!! UGH
    So tell me more about this Lose it for Life ... is it a book? A program? Fill me in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad to be done with hot flashes, though mine weren't that bad compared to some I've seen.
      Lose It for Life is a book, workbook, and devotional. I heard about it from another blogger who is doing with a group as a bible study. It is totally based in scripture and the whole premise is that you won't lose weight and keep it off until you first and foremost, surrender control to God (because we can't do it on our own...if we could, we'd be skinny right now). After that, it's about figuring out the underlying cause for overeating (past hurts, bad habits, etc.) and dealing with them...otherwise the weight will come right back. Lastly, it deals with diet and exercise. It is really, really good.

      Delete
  7. Nope, you're not the only person on the planet. I, too, love it becoming dark earlier -- for just the reasons you and Patty have cited!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.