October 19, 2019

Sunday Stealing: Firsts

These are several questions stolen from Durward Discussion:  a trip through time.

You can find the other "thieves" here and if you're so inclined, you can sign up and join in the fun.





Firsts

1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?  Girl, this is going to be a ponytail day.

2. Where did you go on the very first vacation of your life? There may have been one before it, but the first one I remember was to Niagara Falls and then to Lancaster Co.

3. Open the door of your refrigerator. What is the first thing you see?
Am I opening the small, outside access door or the whole door? If it's the little outside door I'll see milk, chocolate milk, and wine. If I open the whole door the first thing I'll see is the shelf at eye level with all the pickles, sauces, and condiments.

4. Tell us about your first kiss OR your last first date. My last first date was with my husband. He took me to a very fancy restaurant. We had to dress up and the waiter was in a jacket with a towel over his arm. Champagne was chilling beside the table, he ordered us filet mignon, and we got little chocolate cups of some kind of liquor between courses. He was definitely out to impress and sweep me off my feet. It worked!

5. If you had wings to fly about the universe, where is the first place you’d land?
Wings or not, I wouldn't get very far without oxygen so I'll leave the space exploration to someone else. There are enough places to explore here on earth and I'd probably start with Australia. (I'd choose Israel and Egypt, but I don't know how safe those are these days.)

6. What is the first thing you do when you get in your car?
I'm not sure without going out to the car and getting in...it's either put on my seatbelt or put the key in the ignition.

7. What is the first thing you ever said to your firstborn?
  After 33 years I don't have a clue, but I'm sure it was some gushing motherly thing.

8. What is the last thing you heard about your first love?
I don't know. I haven't heard anything about him in years.

9. If you had created the world in seven days yourself, what would you have created on the First Day?
  I wouldn't change a thing. I think God did just fine.

10. What is the first song in your IPOD or song list?
  IPOD? Does anyone still have one of those? I don't have a song list on my phone. I just search for whatever I'm in the mood to hear or what I need to play for work.

11. What is the first tangible thing you lost that you could never find again? I can't even guess what it might have been.

12. Who is your favorite First Lady of all time?  It's probably a tie between Jackie Kennedy and Barbara Bush. Very different ladies, I know, but both were very classy in their own styles.

13. Post a link to your first blog post. My very first blog post isn't in existence any more. I posted it way back in 2001 on a blog I titled Keep It Simple, Stupid. It was very much centered around my life in youth ministry at that time.

14. When was the last time you needed First Aid?  Last winter when my finger got infected and throbbed so much I couldn't sleep. I was lying there imagining what toxic bacteria I'd picked up at the nursing home and how it was brewing and multiplying in my finger and freaked myself out. So, I got up and went to the ER, who actually took it pretty seriously, and lanced it and drained all the goo out and gave me a prescription for a heavy duty antibiotic.

15. Can you explain what a first down is in football?
I can. Football is my favorite sport. Am I going to? Nope, we've reached the point where my laziness has kicked in. 

19 comments:

  1. one day somebody might explain the rules of Grid Iron. To an outsider, it makes about as much sense as sweet pumpkin dishes, bacon with maple syrup an marshmallow on sweet potatoes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should get Katsumi to explain it. She is probably the biggest fan among us and if you don't understand it, it will still be really funny!

      Delete
  2. Your last first date is très romantique!

    I am very surprised. You can buy tickets to a football game in your city? And tickets start at only $40.00?

    Came across that while looking up the odds and forgot you were on a bye.

    Here when a child is born, (a) get a legal birth certificate and (b) register the child with the ticket office.

    That is exceedingly optimistic. Less than one hundred ticket subscriptions are turned over annually. Meaning the child will have to live to be almost one thousand years old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like that for Pittsburgh, too, if you want good seats. My cousins inherited their dad's tickets when he died as did the children of the men he went with. Not enough seats, though, so my other cousin got on the list and waited years for tickets to open up. Sadly, I don't benefit from this because they are both jerks and I don't see them or hear from them since their parents passed away.

      Delete
  3. Sadly, I still have an iPod. It contains my entire CD collection and I love it.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations, you have the honor of being the only person (that I know of) who still has one. :) Of course, I am the person who had one and never used it. I use my phone, Alexa, and *gasp* CD's. Sometimes I am very resistant to technology.

      Delete
  4. Lol on the thought of laziness. I always enjoy the answers. Have a great day friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still have an iPod! I do! I don't like having everything on one device. I don't want to be completely bereft if I lose/forget my phone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd live. I don't listen to music on my phone other than for work so if I lost/forgot it it would only affect work.

      Delete
  6. Wow! … on your first date. That would sweep any self-respecting woman off her feet! Your refrigerator sounds like the kind I was playing with at the appliance store (when Tom wasn't looking).
    A few of these questions sure piqued my interest; I may try and incorporate them into a post every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was especially impressive to a 19 year old! That and the fact that they never questioned my age and just kept the alcohol and champagne coming.
      I have to admit we would never have gotten our fridge if we hadn't known the salesman and he got us an incredible deal because after he sold us the floor model of a different one it turned out it was sold, but nobody had marked it as such. The store (Lowe's) let us have this one off the floor for the same price we had paid for the other fridge which was about $800 less than it should have been.

      Delete
  7. I can understand why your guy was a keeper.. Wow!!! Stacy, it does sound like you have a very up and coming if complicated fridge... cool!!I do have my IPOD but I never use it anymore and probably couldnt find it, but I do have a playlist on YouTube... Anyway. as always it was a fun visit and I pray you have a marvelous new week!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not too complicated and the little door that give access to half of the door has been great. I store what we use most in it so we don't open the whole door up more than a couple of times a day.

      Delete
  8. Best refrigerator EVER. Although we keep all our condiments and whatnots in the outside little door area (we have a LOT of hot sauces thanks to hubs) and use the inside for regular stuff. I love that fridge, but hate that the ice maker is on its own schedule which definitely does not coincide with mine...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have all the drinks, lunchmeat, cheese, butter, jelly and such in the door. What I find that's a problem is that my husband never bothers to actually open the whole door so doesn't eat stuff he specifically bought. It really is out of sight out of mind, I guess.

      Delete
  9. Impressive first date! Does he have a brother ?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun questions this week and I enjoyed your answers. I think a couple of these are repeats since I remember answering them in some meme or other. Wishing you a good week ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I remember the one about football from a few months ago. That's why I don't volunteer to take over any of these...too tough to keep coming up with fresh questions!

      Delete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.