October 25, 2019

It Never Fails

It's like the dog knows, KNOWS, when it's my day off and sets her alarm for just past the middle of the night. After tromping outside with her I'm fairly awake (not that I can ever go back to sleep after anything wakes me up in the night) because it's pretty chilly out there. Now guess who is sitting beside me sound asleep?

The temptation to bang a couple of pot lids together right by her ear is great.

Yep, one step closer to being sure my next "dog" is going to be a cat.

Today I am riding along to the Osh 'Kosh and Carters store with Megan and the kids, then being her way into Sam's Club. We aren't going until 10:00 and I hope to be back by 2:00. I have several loads of laundry that need done and I'm sure Tim would appreciate it if I cooked an actual dinner this week.

There are a few bills to pay today, as well, and I am hoping there is news of the truck today. I have to work tomorrow and getting a ride may prove to be a problem. Besides, it's been 2 1/2 weeks...it's getting ridiculous now.

Tonight is the kick-off of the new year of Hallmark Christmas movies!

Somewhere in there I also want to start reading the weight-loss book I just got after hearing Schotzy is starting it as a Bible study. It's supposed to be a wholistic program...physical, mental, and spiritual. I flipped through it last night and it looks good. I'm excited!

Oh, and I just have to mention that I'm loving the new medical practice we're going to...even though neither of us has been there yet. I got a text yesterday to remind me of my appointment next Tuesday. It also gave me the option to reply with "yes" to confirm or "no" to cancel. Y'all, this could be a life saver. I can't tell you how many appointments Tim has ended up skipping or forgetting about. Either way he never calls to cancel so we always have to pay the co-pay for him being a no-show. I really hope it will "fix" that little problem.

I'm feeling a little tired so I think I'm going to go try to get a little sleep before I go with Megan and the kiddos.

Happy Friday!

6 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, that first meme/'toon hits home! I no longer know what 'sleeping in' really means. Capital "Hmmmm" on that new book. I'm looking forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I'm laughing. . . my dog did the same thing to me last night. Where are those pot lids? lol Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless your heart! We don’t have critters of our own right now and I’m glad. Just taking care of ourselves is a big enough job! However, we are on Critter Duty today and have not gone down to do the morning chores yet. It’s cold and windy here and that’s a welcome change from hot and dry.....but it’s not going to be fun! I’m going to cook up a pot of beans today and am already looking forward to how good they are going to make our camper cabin smell!
    Enjoy your outing and God speed on your transportation issue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our dog is just about the same. And you're right, when you come back in she goes back to sleep and I'm wide awake. lol Actually in the last few months or so, I've decided it's God waking me up and I do my Bible reading then and some praying and then sometimes I can go back to sleep for a few minutes before the alarm goes off. Otherwise, it seems I never get around to just spending time reading His word. It's working out pretty good. I seldom miss a day now.

    Hope you have fun running around for awhile today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHATTTTT??? I didnt realize tonight kicked off Hallmark Christmas movies! I know where I'm going to be tomorrow on the cold & rainy day here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you had fun with the Megan and the kids! Also hope the truck is finally done! It is still a little early for me to tune into Hallmark. Keep us posted on the weight loss study. I lost 14 pounds before my knee surgery in August and have kept it off. I would like to lose another 20 before my next knee surgery in January.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.