October 24, 2019

Thankful Thursday

Today I am linking up with Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand for Thankful Thursday. A big thank you to her for hosting our weekly get-together to share our blessings!



So many things to be thankful for this week.

My boss returned to work yesterday...and she was in a great mood! Perhaps nearly losing her husband has adjusted her attitude? Anyway, she was laughing and joking and she apologized for scheduling my Monday and Tuesday shifts so close together. She said she hated when her boss did that and only did it because she needed me to be able to work both Wednesday and Thursday outside the dementia unit. I assured her it was okay, especially after I found out that our contract states we get overtime if our shifts are scheduled less than 14 hours apart. So, I will get overtime pay for all of Tuesday. Woohoo!

Yesterday and again today I am training the new hire to work the afternoon shift. She has to learn because we don't normally have any evening activities on the weekends, but that's going to be her thing. Something new for the residents to look forward to! I get a bit extra in the paycheck for that, too. Plus, it was really nice to have some help (I also had a teenage volunteer last night) and someone to talk to for a change. I'm looking forward to our shift this afternoon.

All the parts for Tim's truck finally came in and our mechanic said Tim's truck should be done this week. No word yet, but I'm really hoping we hear today. Mom and Megan have been great about taking me to work and picking me up if Tim can't, but I hate imposing and I really want my car back. Tim racks up miles very quickly and the car's always a huge mess when he has it for a while since it essentially gets turned into a work truck. 

I've gotten back to doing planners after Rebecca Jo did a post on her planner a couple of weeks ago. Mine aren't anywhere near as pretty as hers...she is so stuffed full of talent...but they are fun to decorate and the busy pages are interesting and fun to read, maybe inspiring me to use them more to keep track of things. I hope so. And gosh darn it, all the stickers are so stinking cute and it's fun to decide how to decorate each page.

There's lots of other stuff, but I want to get going on some chores this morning so I'm going to wrap this up. I'll see you tomorrow for my day off!

Oh, don't forget...I'm also thankful for all of you!


11 comments:

  1. OHHHH - you know the planner usage makes me super happy. What is it about stickers that makes it all super fun to do? Me & my planner work sister sit here all the time & show each other our new stickers. Our other coworkers laugh at us like we're in elementary school swapping stickers :)
    OVERTIME!! That's good timing with the Holidays coming up... or truck repairs :)
    Thanks for always linking up with me friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, but it's fun and addicting! I had to get a cute little cart to hold all my planner stuff...but I will not become one of those super addicts who has more stickers and stuff than they will ever use in a lifetime. I'm in a group on Facebook and I swear some of those women have to be putting themselves in the poor house!

      Delete
  2. Love how you share such good things from your real every day life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your list. I'm doing a gratitude journal (into my second week) but just in a notebook and no decorations. If I can keep it up until vacation, which is less than 2 weeks, I plan to buy a journal. I'm hoping by then is will have become a habit. Wondering what kind of journal you are using and what you like about it. I guess I should ask Rebecca too. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebecca and I are talking about planners not journals. I keep journals, too. I use the Happy Planner and my journals either come from Walmart (they actually have some cute ones on the cheap) or Barnes & Noble (not cheap but absolutely gorgeous leather bound ones).

      Delete
    2. I'm actually hoping to find something I can use for both. I do a calendar on my phone that I share with hubby and that is good., but there are other things I want to record and keep that he doesn't like on the calendar. I'd just rather not do 2 things, but I may have to do like you are doing. Thank you so much for your input. I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  4. Great news on Tim's truck, hope all goes as scheduled and you're back on the road again! It's good to hear your boss has had a change of heart, working is so much easier when you have a nice boss. Hope your day is happy and blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is soooo much easier and that good mood of hers was still going on today. Loved it and I pray it lasts!

      Delete
  5. Wow. When a boss extends sincere thanks (or an apology), it sorta takes the 'mad' out of one's sails, no? My afternoon was 'The Perfect Storm' and I was giving serious thought to quitting -- then the GM made a point of saying he appreciates me. Well, dang. No matter the reason, I hate being without my car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the truth, but I'm glad to lose that wind! Sorry you had a rough afternoon, but nice to know you're appreciated...it sure makes a difference. Yeah, I feel totally cut off from life without my car even though that's not actually the case. It just stinks knowing I can't go anywhere whenever I want to.

      Delete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.