September 19, 2019

Thankful Thursday

Joining in with Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand for Thankful Thursday. If you'd like to join in, please pay her a visit and link up.




This week I am thankful...

** that I survived the Sip 'n' Paint activity at work. Once a month there is a painting event for the residents. It is usually something small and simple that can be finished in an hour or so.

Today's project was simple, but large...a full autumn landscape with trees, grass, a barn, fence, and fluffy white clouds in a crisp blue sky. The techniques were simple enough, but there was just so much to do. Several residents gave up and left without completing it because they were just worn out and tired. Others were still at it at 4:00, the time we should have been clocking out and heading home. 

I was on my feet all day and the paint event was just the icing on the cake. I wanted to cry by the end of the afternoon. My feet and legs hurt so much. I'm also very thankful for some cream I have for painful feet and legs. I slathered it on when I got home and I feel much better.

** my step-dad was able to get his well working again...even though it meant he and Mom moved back up to the ridge. His cistern got a crack or something last year and went dry. Unfortunately, his well had never been used because of the water quality. When the crew first checked it, they found it dry, too. So, they put in a new pump and a water purifying system. The well worked and the water was good. Until the next day, when the well was dry again. The well driller was called because the thought was maybe the well had caved in. He pulled everything out, cleaned it and put it back in and everything has been working well.

I'm sorry to see them move back up on the mountain, but glad it is fixed. I know it was worrying my step-dad and at some point in the not too distant future he (or Mom as his survivor) will have to sell it and it can't be sold without a viable well.

** the full moon didn't cause too much trouble last weekend in the dementia unit at work. It was actually pretty quiet for a change.

** my boss continues to be nice.

** I was able to get a nice bookshelf I saw in the Facebook Marketplace. It was exactly the right size for the spot in the kitchen where I wanted it to go. It replaced a smaller set of shelves that couldn't hold all of my cookbooks. Now most of them are behind closed doors with only few of the nicer looking ones on the open shelves. There's room for the silverware chest and to display some things. It looks so nice and came at a bargain price.

** that drinking a glass of cherry juice before bed seems to be helping Tim sleep better at night. 

** Tim has had the last 3 weekends off and will be off this coming weekend. His new project will be getting crazy soon enough so I am glad he's getting a chance to slow down for a little while.

** little Leah was diagnosed with invisible reflux and put on zantac as well as a different formula. She is doing so much better and sleeping through the night now.

** as always for each one of you!

2 comments:

  1. poor babies when they have reflux. You know how miserable heartburn is yourself!!!.
    that's crazy they gave such a big paint project!!!! I had to laugh that some people just walked away :) LOL poor things. & your poor legs & feet!!!!! God bless you & your sweet self hanging in there with all these patients. you are just earning blessings in Heaven - I have no doubt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Sip n' Paint activity sounds enormously entertaining … for the residents, that is. Shame that you can't put wine in YOUR sippy cup!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.