September 22, 2019

Sunday Stealing: Late Edition

The kids got home earlier than I expected so with the grands gone home and my husband napping...I decided to go ahead and jump in on Sunday Stealing today. Thanks, Bev, for another week of fun questions.

Click here to join in the fun.

1. Last person you were in a car with?  My husband and our two youngest grandkids. We kept them over the weekend and this morning we took them to a (semi) local animal park where you can feed alot of the animals by hand.

2. Any plans for tomorrow?  Other than going to work (12:00 p.m. to 8 p.m.) I plan to call the new doctor we want to check out and see if I can not only get myself an appointment, but get an evening one for my husband. He is terrible about getting around to doing that kind of thing and he really needs to go. He has been feeling even worse than usual.

3. Best friend or close friends?  Close friends. I prefer a small, close-knit group of friends to one "best" friend. For me, that group is the gang from the Bible study I attend.

4. Is tomorrow going to be a good day?  I choose to believe it will be. However it goes, God has either determined it or allowed it, so it's all good.

5. Ever thrown up in public?  Sort of. I was struck with a nasty bug once in my early 20's while out shopping and to lunch with my mom. I felt ill and ran for the restroom. I don't really consider that "in public," but on the way home I started feeling ill again and Mom pulled off the road just in time for me to put the window down and get my head outside. When I was able to lift my head, I saw that she had pulled in the lot in front of a restaurant that was all big windows across the front and everyone was kind of frozen in their seats staring at me.

6. What’s on your mind RIGHT NOW?  Getting my husband up to make a run to Walmart to get a few things we need for the week.

7. Who was the last person you talked to?  My daughter when she was here to get the kids. 

8. What is the WORST subject they teach at school?  I've never been terribly fond of any kind of math. My other thought is some of the ridiculous liberal arts majors I hear about from time to time...like puppetry. Why and who would think they need a college degree to operate a puppet?

9. Have you seen anyone lately that you don’t get along with?  No. I can usually get along with just about anyone. Getting along doesn't really imply any great relationship or major effort. Getting along to me is basically nothing more than coexisting.

10. What is your favourite color top to wear?  Probably black, it goes with everything.

11. Have you ever been in a car accident?  Yes, but nothing where anyone has been hurt...not even the time that totalled my car.

12. What’s the closest thing to you that’s green?  Part of the design on my pants. It doesn't get much closer than that.

13. Where would you like to be right now?  Some beach, somewhere.      

14. Is anything bugging you right now?  Only that my husband is so willing to delay seeing the doctor when he feels so awful.

15. Is life going right for you now?  Yes, all is well right now.

16. Is there someone you care about more than yourself?  Jesus, my family, and my friends.

17. What made you laugh today? When our grandson woke up this morning he was telling me a whole lot of stuff and I wasn't really understanding a lot of it, but then he started making snoring noises (he and my husband "camped" on the living room floor). I asked him if Pappy snored and he looked at me and said, very quickly, "Yes."

18. What was the last movie you watched?  We watched the live action Aladdin with Will Smith last night. I enjoyed it very much.

19. What was the last conversation you had about?  How the grandkids did over the weekend.

20. What were you doing at 7:00 this morning?  Giving the baby her bottle and watching cartoons with her brother.

21. Do you like your hair long or short?  Honestly, if I thought it looked good on me, I'd have short hair...so much easier.

22. Do you like the rain.  I do, especially if it's accompanied by thunder and lightening.

9 comments:

  1. Hey Stacy, hi! I don't know what's going on, but this post isn't showing up on my feed; neither when I go to your blog. I only saw this when I linked up here at Bev's.
    ANYWAY, I enjoyed your answers - particularly the part about your throwing up in front of that restaurant. Sorry, but that gave me a case of the giggles, imagining those diners' faces. Hope you're able to secure that doctor's appointment for Tim, and he/she gets to the bottom of what's ailing him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your answer to #4, so true! And the throw up question, too funny! I can just imagine the faces of all those people in the restaurant! :) Probably wasn't a funny situation for you though. I worked in retail back in the early 80's and when I was pregnant I had pretty bad morning sickness. I was at work one day at my cash register and oh my. The look on the face of the customer!! I excused myself so fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not funny at the time, but has become one of those stories of family legend that get told over and over. At least I can laugh about it now. Yikes! Your story is much worse to me. It would have been my luck for the customer to have been one of those who get sick when they see someone else get sick. Thank goodness that didn't happen!

      Delete
  3. #10 -- You remind me of my mom. She always told me "black and white go with everything." Then, when I was a grown up on my own, she told me I wore too much black and it washed me out! She didn't seem to think I was listening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moms. I don't wear all black or anything. It's just easy to accessorize black. Brown or gray are like that, too.

      Delete
  4. You like thunder and lightening? You must be one of those "non-conductors" I have heard so much about. 'Cause when sitting on an aluminum bleacher in the pouring rain in an open stadium or on the fourteenth fairway at the golf course and there is the lightening illuminating the dark sky and the sharp crack of thunder all around, I want to be next to you! I might even hug you (strictly platonic).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I don't know about that. I like to be safe inside or at least on the porch to watch a storm and there are certain times I will do as the Emergency Broadcast System suggests and "seek shelter." I don't need them to tell me, though. I can't explain it, but ever since going through a tornado in the 70's I KNOW what storms are just making lots of noise and which ones are going to be bad.

      Delete
  5. I think it's great that you get to see the grandkids often. Mine are spread out. My younger son & his wife live in San Diego. My two oldest grandkids are 17 & 11 in New Jersey. The closest are in Boston. I see them at holidays and the occasional weekend. But not being married to their grandmother plays a part.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.