August 22, 2019

Thankful Thursday

Good morning! I'm linking up today with Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand for her Thankful Thursday blog party.



This week I am thankful...

** to have finally shaken the mood I woke up in. I was in the midst of one of those dreams that seems so real when I woke up this morning. It was not a good dream and I was very angry in it. It was so vivid and real that I had a hard time shaking the mood off when I woke up, but as mentioned...it's gone now. Yay!

** that the heat wave ends today. It is still pretty humid this morning, but a cold front is on the way bringing storms this afternoon and evening. We aren't even supposed to see 80 degrees for the next 4 days!

** Tim is wrapping up on the nightmare project he's been on for the last year or so. If all goes well, today should be his last day there.

** I have the upcoming weekend off and Tim is not going to work, either.

** Work has been going well and I actually was able to joke and have fun with my boss yesterday. Wow.

** for my friends at Bible study who not only celebrated my birthday this week (I missed class last week), but brought gifts for little Leah, too. How sweet was that? My daughter asked why they would do that and it gave me a chance to talk to her again about the differences in those who know the Lord and those who don't. Friends who are that kind and can be counted on are sadly a truly foreign concept to her (and many of her generation).

** for the Lord's grace and mercy, fresh each day, for His love and the way He always provides just the right thing at just the right time to lift me up.

** as I watch schools start back up all over the country, that I am not a bus driver any longer!

** the horrible bloody noses my step-dad kept getting turned out to be nothing serious. He had another one on Saturday morning and ended up in the ER. Mom had been worried it was due to his blood thinner or something worse, but the doctor assured her it wasn't. He cauterized the blood vessel and there have been no more bleeds.

** a change in formula has Leah sleeping better at night. Her momma was getting pretty frazzled from no sleep. 

** of course, for each one of you!

4 comments:

  1. I thought of you when school started & they were at the bus compound :) Days past!
    Hope you & Tim get to enjoy your weekend together!!!
    I love bible study groups when they celebrate all the highs & comfort during the lows - such a good group to be a part of. Everyone needs that in their life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate when dreamscapes linger. I know, it feels SO real! Sure hope your daughter is influenced - even a little bit - by your friend's act of love.
    Fingers crossed for the bathroom project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad little Leah is sleeping better so her momma can too! Enjoy your weekend with Tim! I know you will be working on the bathroom project but try to take some together time too! There is so much to be thankful for!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say, the heat and humidity has backed off here (yesterday and today) and the windows are open...

    Keeping your husband in prayer. AND boy, do I have dreams like that...sigh. Enjoy your weekend. smiles

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.