August 11, 2019

Sunday Stealing: From The Friday Five

Questions taken from Friday Five





1. Have you ever had a great conversation with a complete stranger?  It happens now and then, but not very often because I tend to be reserved with strangers. The ones I have had were either about matters of faith or times when someone opened up and told me part of their history. I love to hear people's stories. Everyone is more interesting than you'd think.

2. Where did you go on the very first vacation of your life?  The first one I remember took place when I was 5. Dad built a camper on the back of his pickup truck, Mom traded the Green Stamps for sleeping bags, and off we went to Niagara Falls and Lancaster, PA. The only things I really remember are riding the Maid of the Mist at Niagara Falls during a pretty bad thunderstorm and riding the rides at Dutch Wonderland in Lancaster. I don't even remember that one side of the falls was dry because they were repairing them.

3. Open the door of your refrigerator. What is the first thing you see?  A bag of corn that I really need to husk and cook tomorrow.

4. What is your favorite place in your home.
  My tiny little room full of books and crafts.

5. If you had wings to fly about the universe, where is the first place you’d land?  I'm not leaving the planet, so probably the Middle East. I've always been fascinated by ancient history and would love to see everything over there.

6. What is the first thing you do when you get in your car?  Put on my seatbelt.

7. What is special about the town you live in?  Named for Benjamin Henry Latrobe, the architect of the U.S. Capitol, it is the birthplace of both Fred Rogers and Arnold Palmer. The banana split was first created here. The first air mail pick-up was at our airport. It was thought to be the birthplace of professional football for many years until a receipt found in Pittsburgh disproved that. However, it did have the first all paid team and would have likely been home to the National Football Hall of Fame, but the city government at the time decided, for some reason, that it would be more trouble than it was worth. Oh, and every summer the Pittsburgh Steelers have their training camp here on the campus of St. Vincent College. That's just off the top of my head.

8. What is the last thing you heard about your first love?  I have no idea. I haven't heard anything in years.

9. If you had created the world in seven days yourself, what would you have created on the First Day?
  I don't think I'd mess with the order of things. God had a good plan. Why muck it up?

10. How do you beat the summer heat?  Air conditioning, air conditioning, air conditioning.

11. Did you enjoy your Senior Year in high school?  It was....okay.

12. Who is your favorite First Lady of all time?
  Barbara Bush

13. Post a link to your first blog post.  I can't. My very first blog post was back in 2001. That blog hasn't existed for years.

14. When was the last time you needed First Aid?  Not that I got it, but I should have had First Aid when I took the fall that messed up my knee. No, like an idiot I worked the rest of the day. Now it gives me a lot of trouble.

15. Can you explain what a first down is in football?  I can.

Thanks as always to Bev for finding the questions we answer. Please stop by the Sunday Stealing site and let her know if you enjoyed it!

11 comments:

  1. Banana Split Festival. August 23.

    Wish I could be there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I am actually off that weekend so I might get to go for once.

      Delete
  2. HI Stacey,

    The Middle East can be quite interesting. I've visited the UAE (Abu Dhabi and Dubai) and worked in Muscat, Oman. It is very very hot though (too hot for me).

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grinning on #10. We sure got a shock when we moved here from Alabama 6 years ago, no central ac...none, zip. You would think after 2o+ years of not living here and returning, one would finally have central ac, nope. ANYWAYS--enjoyed your answers, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool that the Pittsburgh Steelers do training camp there! Loved your answers! Have a great day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Green stamps! Haven't heard of Green Stamps in years.

    I love the special things about our town, especially that Mister Rogers was born there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Knees, ankles, elbows. Joints are so problematic as we age!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If Mr Rogers was from there, it must be a nice place :) But Pennsylvania is a nice state. My mother was born and raised in Frackville in Schuylkill County
    I remember green stamps.They gave them out at Acme and A&P.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You and Terri had the BEST responses to #9. Why muck it up, indeed! Until I read Sean of the South's column today, I had no idea what husking corn was all about. My hubby had to explain the 'knuckle buster' to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A few of us chose Barbara Bush! I enjoyed your responses today, Stacy! Good questions this week!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.