August 9, 2019

Saturday 9: Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

This week brings us another fun song and great questions from our hostess with the most-est...Crazy Sam @ the Saturday 9.


Tossed Salad and Scrambled Eggs (1993)

Unfamiliar with this week's song. Hear it here.


1) This is the theme from Frasier, a TV show that ran  from 1993 to 2004. Were you a fan?  Mmm...not really.  It was okay. We watched it now and then, but not faithfully, and we skip past it in reruns.

2)
The show is about a radio advice show host, Dr. Frasier Krane. When you listen to the radio, do you tune in for talk or music?  Music. Always. Even when talk radio is about something that interests me, I can't stand listening to it. I need something that's going to energize me and keep me alert in the car. And it's been years since I've listened to the radio in the house.

3) The theme's composer explained that tossed salad and scrambled eggs are both "mixed up," like the people who called Frasier's radio show. Which did you eat more recently, tossed salad or scrambled eggs?  That's a toss-up. I had both on the cruise, but haven't had either since we've been home. I can't remember which came first on the ship, the salad or the egg?

4) Peri Gilpin played Roz, Frasier's coworker at the radio station. The actress originally cast was Lisa Kudrow, but the show's producers didn't feel she was "right." Being released from Frasier gave her the opportunity to accept a bigger and better part: Phoebe on Friends. Can you think of a time when a setback was really a blessing in disguise?  I'm sure there must have been something, but I can't think of anything right now. 

5) Dr. Krane shared his home with Martin, his retired dad. Martin's favorite chair was well-worn recliner, held together in parts with tape. Frasier tried to replace it by giving his father a brand-new, expensive leather chair as a gift. Martin wanted his old recliner back. Tell us about a present you either gave or received that wasn't a hit.  Just about everything I give my husband that isn't a tool is not a hit. He doesn't really have a life beyond his work so anything geared toward leisure is lost on him. I've learned at Christmas to just ask him what tool he is wanting and make sure it's under the tree.

6) Kelsey Grammer played Dr. Krane on three different series (Cheers, Wings and Frasier) over 20 years. What job have you held the longest?  Driving a school bus for my former employer. I was there for 13 years.

7) Before he found success on Cheers, Grammer played bit parts on the

daytime dramas Ryan's World and Another World. Have you ever followed a soap opera? During my teens and early 20's I was hooked on soaps. Another World was the one that got me started, Days of Our Lives was my favorite (huge Bo and Hope fan here!), and I also watched Santa Barbara and there was another one that spun off of Another World and was set in Texas...I can't remember what it was called, but I really liked it, too.

8) In addition to work in front of the camera, Grammer has done voice over work on commercials for Dr. Pepper and Cheerios. Are either of those products in your kitchen right now?  Not at the moment.

9) Random question: You're invited to a party where dinner is served buffet style. There's spaghetti with tomato sauce, barbecue spare ribs and buffalo wings. When the evening is over, how likely are you to have a food stain on your clothes?  With those choices? Pretty darn likely. Especially if I'm wearing white or another light color. I'm pretty sure it's some kind of law of the universe.

11 comments:

  1. Ah, salad or the egg, the age-old question... I'm jealous you've just been on a cruise. I think it's been over ten years since our last one, and I love cruising. I am JUST like you with needing music to energize me in the car, and listening to talk radio - even if the subject matter normally piques my interest - is just a snooze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED Days! Bo & Hope for sure! Jack and Marlena--although, when he was a priest and she was possessed I stopped rooting for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! Most def. if I am wearing white there will be a stain from those foods, just saying, lol. I enjoyed your answers, have a lovely day, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #5 -- You remind me of my friend Kathleen. She has been married forever ... happily, except at Christmastime. He ALWAYS returns her gifts!

    #9 -- I could have written that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Which came first the salad or the egg? I chuckled! I always wanted to drive a school bus. Loved your answers Have a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Which came first the salad or the egg made me giggle. I think I watched Another World way back when. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeay. Another 'Days' fan! My former hubby and I were so addicted, we'd set the VCR to tape an entire week's episodes when we went on vacation. Yep, I loved Bo and Hope's wedding … maybe more so, Marlena and Roman. I had the BIGGEST middle-aged crush on Stephano DiMeara. Getting to spend all day with him (at Tampa Bridal Fair) is one of my favorite memories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun questions and answers today, Stacy. Our friend, Cheryl (Helen's niece) is a school bus attendant. She tells some stories about the kids on the bus that make me shudder. Bless you for doing that for 13 years!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It gets harder to buy gifts for the spouse the longer you've been together. I never get what I want, which is Christmas NOT HERE. I want to wake up with him on Christmas day somewhere besides at home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have been doing themed Christmases the last couple of years, which is fun. Last year he chose spices. He loves to cook, so I got him a few unusual spice collections from World Spice, and a couple of cookbooks, a spice grinder, and fancy salts. He was very happy with the whole thing, thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We gave up giving each other gifts as we feel we have everything we need and so I guess that's kind of boring. We do like to give to others. So funny what you said: which came first? the salad or the eggs. Haha!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.