July 18, 2019

Thankful Thursday

Okay, I'm going to try and knock out a quick post for Thankful Thursday before work. We'll see if my laptop cooperates today. 

Thanks as always to Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand for hosting our weekly sharing of the good stuff!
'


This week I am thankful...   

** to be in single digits on my vacation count down. I can't tell you how very ready I am to escape for a while and just ignore real life.

** my mom is willing to take me to work today and pick me up afterward. Okay...I'm trying to be. I mean, I'm thankful she's willing and all....but I'm struggling with the reason. 

The first words out of Tim's mouth when I got home last night were "You're going to have to get your mom to drive you to work." Uh, hello to you, too, dear. It seems that in his single-minded focus on work he never noticed that the front tires on his truck were getting worn. And by worn I mean the cords are showing through! Sheesh. 

Anyway, now that he's noticed, it's unsafe to drive the truck until he gets tires on it. With how focused he is on finishing up the project at work, I have no idea how he'll tear himself away long enough to take care of the tires, but I've told him he has to. 

So, while I'm struggling with the fact that this means I'm NOT going to Monroeville after work to get my hair cut, I'm trying (very hard) to be thankful that he discovered the tires before they blew out on him while he was going 60 mph and that he can borrow my car and that Mom is willing to drive me.

Y'all might want to pray for me because this is far from the first time his focus on work has kept him from noticing or taking care of something until it becomes an emergency and it's a major sore spot that I struggle with.

** for air conditioning. Seriously. Can you imagine living through this heat wave without it? Ugh. 

** for Colton's visit last night. He came running through the door, yelling my name with his backpack on. He just makes my heart sing! Megan said they were up at my mom's and he announced that he was "going to Nana's" and headed for the door. I don't know what was up, but it was just what I needed. He was in a snuggly, huggy kind of mood and didn't even want to go home. 

** that tomorrow is my day off and if I don't have my car, Megan is willing and able to get me to my doctor's appointment and the hair salon (where I hope they will be willing to at least trim my hair in addition to coloring it).

** for all of you!

That's it and the laptop seems to have cooperated. Yea!!! I'm off to work. You all have a blessed and beautiful day!

12 comments:

  1. I would say, and trying to be careful with my words, there is a reason (the good Lord) for the way things are...those tires could of caused so many things to happen...been there, done that and sometimes wonder, "WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY NOW?" Just keeping it real, grin. This is all on God's timing, not ours, which I need a constant reminder, sigh.

    We don't have central ac--what upstate New Yorker does (lol). But, I totally agree about the ac--we have window ac's and thank goodness for those.

    I am so happy we live in town and can walk to the hair salon. We only have one vechile--our SUV. But, since we have court approved "custody" of my mil and her husbands finances etc. (long story)--we have use of their car which neither can drive (another long story).

    Hugs are the best, especially after a trying day, smiles.

    Hope you have a lovely day regardless of the car getting back and forth situation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said things just fine. I know there's a reason things work out the way they do, but being human I don't always like God's timing...especially if it thwarts what I want to do. What can I say? I'm a work in progress...and will be until the day He calls me home.

      We had central air, but it gave out after 25 years or so. We just bought a portable A/C unit and have the fans going because Tim is sold on those ductless heating/AC units that are starting to pop up everywhere. We want to check into that before we do anything.

      I'm getting my hair colored and I hope trimmed up locally. The Deva Curl cuts just do a lot more than regular cuts to give curls shape and keep them under control.

      Tim is planning to come home early tomorrow and get tires on the truck so I just have to survive tomorrow!

      Delete
  2. Men get totally oblivious some times to the more important things & focus on work & things achieved. At least you did find a lining to the dark cloud.
    Isn't it a soothing thing to the soul to have a little one just run to you & want to see you & hug you? Pure joy!
    Hope you enjoy that day off - & enjoy getting that hair done & the pampering of a good hair wash - AHHH - the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Men? Oblivious? Nooooooo. LOL
      Yes, soothing. Seeing Colton running at me is a balm to whatever is wrong in my day.
      Thank you...looking forward to the day off and the pampering.

      Delete
  3. There's always something to be thankful for. So glad your husband discovered the tires before something serious happened. I'm thinking of getting my hair cut too. It's just so hot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad, too. Just hate the timing, but the Lord is always working on teaching me patience. LOL

      Delete
  4. My second floor apartment does not have air conditioning. :( It's only in the 80s today but supposed to get hotter this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope it stays in the 80's while we are up there. That will feel pretty nice to us. Do you all have high humidity? I'm trying to pack for all weather occasions.

      Delete
  5. Yes, of course. Things have a way of working out, but that had to have felt like a kick in the head last eve. I hope you'll not only get that trim, but are plesasantly surprised with the results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes, it was just the timing. I called him on it. He didn't get it until I reminded him how much he hates it if I hit him with a problem as soon as he gets home.

      I'm looking forward to whatever happens with my hair. (Hmm...not to set the bar too low!)

      Delete
  6. Men have on blinders and (most of them) can only see what they want to see at any given time... Sure hope you get your hair done and nice that your mom and Megan can step in and give you rides. That vacation is coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much to be thankful for! :) My man also focuses on a lot more away from home than the 'boring' stuff I try to keep going here. I don't think they ever change :(

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.