July 15, 2019

Currently Wrapping Up the Weekend

I had a nice weekend. I was very much in need of the down time and enjoyed every minute of it. We are 10 days from vacation and I only have one day off before then. Poor Tim doesn't have any days off until the one before we leave and he only has that because it's one of his scheduled vacation days. His work project is in it's final days and the weather and less than great sub-contractors have it running behind. Now he's working 7 days a week, 12 hours a day trying to get it done before he leaves. All that means he won't be any help with getting things done and packing bags. If I go AWOL before we leave you know why.

Anyway....

I took things slow on Saturday morning, playing around on the laptop (reading Saturday 9 posts), reading, and dozing since I had a rough night and little sleep.  Around 11:00 I did make a run to Wally World. I was only going to get a few things, but ended up filling a cart.

Our SIL, Cody, came over after I got home from the store and spent a couple of hours putting a 12-cube storage unit together for me. Megan wanted her dad's dresser for the baby so it needed to get done. I got the unit in the "rustic gray" color and found really cute bins with bluish-black and gray stripes to put in half of the cubes. I freakin' LOVE it! It gives Tim so much more storage space for clothes and the top of it provides a great space for a lamp, books, photos, and my glasses at night.

(I am probably any designer's nightmare, but I am currently totally in love with cube storage. I use 3-cube units for a coffee table....the bins provide storage for kids' books and toys....and a filing cabinet, cute wire baskets with cloth liners hold everything. An 8-hole unit is our "entertainment center." I found X inserts for the bottom 4 cubes that provide storage for all of our wine and bins on top hold all our movies. Now there's the big unit in the bedroom. I'd like to add one in the kitchen to hold all my cookbooks and provide much needed storage.)

Saturday night's dinner was delicious, if I do say so myself. I made stuffed zucchini using a recipe from Pinterest and fresh zucchini from our garden. It was sooooo good and I saved one that I'm taking to work for lunch today.


Tim worked about 8 hours on Sunday, but made it home in time for us to go shopping one more time for his cruise wardrobe. At Kohl's we found a lot of shirts, another pair of cargo shorts, and the army-green cargo pants he wanted (his size was sold out when we shopped last weekend). We also stopped at Dick's Sporting Goods and he was able to find a pair of Brooks sneakers that make him happy. They are like the ones I have for work, but in a more manly blue and gray. I think he's done now except for a new belt and undershirts that I'll pick up at Walmart.

Tim's been craving the barbecue chicken halves that used to be such a summertime staple around here at roadside stands, but no one seems to be doing that this year. On the way home from shopping yesterday, he noticed that a summer barbecue restaurant that we had never really liked was open again with a new name. We decided to try it and it wasn't bad. Tim got his chicken and I had a very good burger. It was kind of pricey for BBQ, though, and it must not have been as good as the chicken from those roadside stands because Tim said we didn't have to go back.

We spent the evening relaxing and watching TV and visiting with Cody and Megan and Mom, who all stopped by at some point.

Currently

I am...

Reading:  Murder Past Due by Miranda James. It's another cozy mystery.

Listening to:  the morning news.


Loving:  this morning's cool temperatures and low humidity.

Thinking:  about all I have to do in the next 9 days!

Feeling:  rested and ready to get the day started.

Celebrating:  that Tim's shopping is done! He hates to go shopping and is usually rather grumpy about it or flat out refuses to go. This time he not only went willingly, but stayed in a good mood.

Grateful for:
  my mom, who is going to take care of Daisy and the garden while we are gone....and also stand in for me when Megan has baby Leah (the only thing I regret about our cruise is missing that).


Weather:  It's supposed to warm up to the mid-upper 80's and be very humid.


Enjoying:  my boss's good mood at work.

A website I want to share: Just for fun, here's a link to a site ranking the 100 best movies of all time. Do you agree with their list? Is there any movie you can't believe they included? Or one you can't believe they didn't include? Do you agree with their #1?

8 comments:

  1. I have 2 units of cubbie dressers that I use in my back bedroom - one of them is a unit of 6 that I use solely for yarn - the other unit of 6 I use for my photography stuff - batteries, props, filing - I LOVE a cubbie storage unit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I made it to #76 on the movies and haven't seen/heard of many of them. I can't agree or disagree with the list (although some of the ones I do know I question being on the list--Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind???)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't heard of some of the older movies and was surprised at how many old, old ones were on the list. They made The Godfather #1. Really? And several of the newer ones I disagreed with...but maybe I'm getting old? Personally, I'd have had The Goonies, Stand By Me, and a few others on there before some of their choices. I also thought They ranked LOTR and the Wizard of OZ rather low.

      Delete
  3. I don't think I've seen half of the movies listed so I better get watchin'! Godfather is a great movie. Not sure it should be first, but we have seen it at least a dozen times. Glad the Wizard of Oz and Gone With the Wind made the list!! Cube storage is good to look at and easy to use! Counting the days!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never seen any of the Godfather movies, but doubt I'd rank it #1 even if I had. I'm not that excited about mafia movies and I get more than my fill. Tim watches Scarface every time it's on and loves those shows about the crime bosses on one of the cable channels.

      Delete
  4. Glad to see this commentary … I tried the slide thing on my cellular and woung up wanting to throw it up against the wall! 'Kinda thought Gone With the Wind might make #1. Now I'm wondering if a cubicle system wouldn't help make sense of Tom's workshop. I don't know how the man is able to find anything for all the clutter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, there are a lot of ads in the slide show. I hate that. It always gums stuff up. I really thought several of the rankings were odd.
      Cubes might help. You never know.

      Delete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.