July 16, 2019

10 On Tuesday

** My boss continues to be in a good mood. I think it has a lot to do with her growing dissatisfaction with the company we work for. She has been rather openly snarky about them.

** Very grateful to Megan and Cody for mowing our grass and Mom's grass last evening. I worry about Megan since she's only about 2 weeks from having the baby, but she was on the riding mower (Cody did the push mower) so I suppose it isn't much worse than riding in their pickup. I got to spend time with Colton so that was good, too.

** The state police spoke to Cody's parents yesterday. A neighbor of theirs was the prime suspect in a woman's disappearance last year. The woman's car was found burned in a local park but in spite of heavy searching (often with cadaver dogs) in multiple locations, her body has never been found. Anyway, the police walked through the woods around Cody's parents' home back when it all first happened. Yesterday they announced that they'd learned the suspect had been using another piece of land they own on the other side of the road as a garbage dump for years. Cody's parents had no idea. The land is overgrown and very swampy so they never use it or even go on it. They had no idea. The police will be searching today with cadaver dogs and the police let them know that if the dogs lead them across the road they will have to go through their woods again. While everyone hopes they don't find anything on their land, we also kind of hope they do to give the woman's family some closure and finally nail the guy (no one doubts he did something to her).

** So sick over how many stories are in the news lately about children who are injured or killed by or because of the adult whose care they are in is on drugs. It makes me sick, too, that in many of these cases the mom left the child in the person's care. How can you do that? If you are in an intimate relationship with a person, you probably know if they are using drugs. You definitely know if your children are safe with them. I suspect many of them are probably using as well. So sad.

** I work with the person who was causing all the drama at work for the first time today since it all happened. Kind of wondering how it will go. I wasn't involved, but I didn't trust her before that. I definitely don't now, even though what she did wasn't directed at me. I just know it was all completely false. And I have no idea what my boss (or anyone else for that matter) may have said about me to her. I didn't say anything bad about her, but I didn't back her up, either.

** I really, really miss central air conditioning. The portable we bought runs constantly in this heat to keep things...bearable, not cool.  At least not in the late afternoon. It get's pretty toasty for a few hours. We didn't want to pour the money into fixing the old system since Tim wants to get those ductless heating/air conditioning wall units. He has installed them on several projects at work and is really sold on them. Me? I still have questions.

** It's going to be around 90 degrees today and extremely humid.

** I finished Tim's shopping yesterday....and found a few cute shirts and a maxi skirt for me.

** Bible study tonight. We're getting closer to finishing this "overview" of Revelation. We had studied Revelation for nearly 3 years previously, but began this round a year ago when we got several new members to catch them up to speed. A year ago. I love studying the Word but I have to admit, I would really like to study something besides Revelation. It's good to know how the end will play out, but it's also good to know how to live this life until we get to the next.

** 9 days until vacation.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I hope and pray 'that' person keeps a low profile today. I wonder if your boss' good mood isn't a result of her decision to quit tilting at windmills and is looking for another job, too. (Jus' speculating.)
    Eeeeeek … 9 days? I'm SO excited for y'all. Will you be blogging from the ship?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you and your very soon vacation!! Wow to the missing body story. I can understand why you both hope the body is found but also feel bad that it has been laying in Cody's parents' land all this time. Tough stuff. Glad your boss has been back in a good mood lately. She sounds almost bi-polar. I used to hate drama at work. Such a shame. You will soon be on the high seas, sipping cocktails and lounging at the pool. Excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Single digits!!!
    Megan is probably on that lawn mower to jump start that baby down the trail to delivery :)
    I cant even imagine not having central air - bless you. I gotta check out what TIm wants. Ricky works in an HVAC warehouse so I'll have to show him

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.