June 24, 2019

Currently

I am...

Reading:  Dead Cold Brew (A Coffeehouse Mystery) by Cleo Coyle

Listening to: I've been in a 70's groove lately. Alexa is probably wishing I'd play something else. 

Loving: how green everything is right now.

Thinking: I should make the effort to try and change the way we eat. Reading a lot lately about how the foods we eat, even stuff that isn't processed, is not the same food people ate even 50 years ago. We don't eat the same way, either, since we are not limited by growing seasons and climates. We can get anything at any time of the year. (Raise your hand if you've enjoyed corn on the cob in the middle of the winter.) Unfortunately, those readily available foods are mostly genetically modified or treated with chemicals to keep them looking pretty during the long shipping process. Anyway, I'm seeing how a lot are beginning to think that the chronic pain that plagues so many these days is brought on by inflammation caused by these foods.

Feeling: thoughtful

Celebrating: a good weekend


Grateful for:  my stepdad's injured leg (done while he was on vacation last weekend) that sent him to the ER on Friday because they found it was the least of his problems. His legs were filled with fluid and his heart is in a-fib. The doctors feel it's because of his medication so they are playing around with those. He's 78 so that's good news.


Weather: 83 degrees with thunderstorms in the forecast


Enjoying: having most of the house in order following a whirlwind cleaning spree before friends came to visit on Saturday evening. (I do my best work under pressure!) It had really been bugging me, but every time I had a day off, something else would come along.

A quote I want to share: 



7 comments:

  1. I added the mystery series to my TBR (I have to read them in order). :)

    My dad went through Afib last summer and finally got his meds adjusted so that he's feeling great. Actually, he didn't have any Afib symptoms other than needing a nap in the afternoon (but he's 82 so he figured it was just aging).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poor step dad!!!!! Hope he gets back on a straight & narrow day!!!
    Is that book good? Just the idea of a coffee house mystery intrigues me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book (and the series) are easy reads, but entertaining. I've read quite a few of them, but not all and not in order.

      Delete
  3. If it weren't for the occasional company, I shudder to think what my house would look like! That's a great quote!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quote! Glad your step-dad is getting the help he needs to put his heart back in rhythm. Joe always says it's good we have company now and then so the house gets cleaned. Ha! Here is how the vacuum works, Joe!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep trying to convince Tim that a man with a vacuum or his hands in dish water is a sexy man! Ha!

      Delete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.