June 17, 2019

Currently

I am...

Reading:   The Yada Yada Prayer Group by Neta Jackson

Listening to: the local morning news and weather 

Loving: this time in my life

Thinking: I should go get my shower so my hair will dry before work.

Feeling: purposeful

Celebrating: a good weekend

Grateful for: all situations that worked out okay over the weekend


Weather: warm and rainy all week

Enjoying: having the early morning hours to myself

A quote I want to share: 




I worked until 8:00 Friday evening and was looking forward to relaxing at home, getting to bed earlier than normal, and spending Saturday doing something fun with Tim and Colton.

Reality #1 hit me as soon as I got home. Tim let me know he had to work half a day on Saturday. Reality #2 came a bit later when Megan called and asked if Colton could spend the night because Cody was taking her to the ER.

The trip to the ER was brought on by Megan's problematic pregnancy. She just didn't feel well and had been having some periods of high blood pressure, but as she found out when she got there, this time the problem was that she was having contractions and was beginning to dilate. It's too early for baby Leah to make an appearance so they gave her something to stop the contractions and once they'd stopped, a steroid shot to help the baby's lungs mature faster. Just in case. It was 8:00 in the morning before Megan and Cody got home. Colton stayed with me so they could sleep.

Colton, himself, slept until 11:00. I'm glad he got lots of sleep because he was in a great mood for the rest of the day. Pappy and I, on the other hand, were dragging because as I shared in Saturday's post....sleeping with a toddler is kind of like sleeping with an octopus who is hunting for his keys. We couldn't do anything until Pappy got home from work because Pappy took Nana's car...an event that troubled Colton who has a weird (but cute) attachment to my car these days.

Colton and I did a bit of thrifting once we had the car. I got a brand new wooden turkey carving board and a like-new deluxe Scrabble game. Colton found one of those fingerling monkeys; a toy car that has light up flames, plays "Charge," and rock music; and a FurReal panda. Once we paid for those he was ready to come home and play. Mommy and Daddy finally came and got him around 6:00. He never carried on about them, but he was sure glad to see them!

On Sunday Tim said we were going out for the day and spending time together. Wow. We went out for breakfast (not easy to find a place without a long wait on Father's Day), and took a drive over the mountains on Route 30. We stopped at a big flea market and then on the way back stopped at a couple of antique stores. There were some pretty bad storms around in the afternoon, but we somehow missed them. We never even got sprinkled on, though we sure saw the black clouds on the horizon and heard thunder in the distance.

My found treasures include a Tiffany decanter that is a Poodle with red bows in a Santa bag (I'll put it out at Christmas) and a wonderful antique typewriter. I've always wanted one and I found this one in a pile at a unique place called Mom's. It was just very narrow paths through piles of floor to ceiling stuff. She offered me a great price so home it came. Now to figure out where to display it.

Our son called to wish Tim a happy Father's Day after we were home and Megan, Cody, and Colton stopped by to give Tim Colton's gift....a picture of a tractor made from Colton's footprint that is captioned "Pappy's Little Deere." It was a big hit with Pappy!

We had been expecting my mom and stepdad to get home from Florida as they'd spent Saturday night in South Carolina, but they ended up staying over again and will head for home today. The reason? My stepdad slipped and fell in the bathroom and gouged his leg pretty good. Mom couldn't get him up off the floor so she had to call the ambulance and they took him to the ER to get checked out. His heart rate was really up so they were checking him out for that, but were to release him at some point. We haven't heard anything more. I imagine he's fine, though, as he gets very agitated when things don't go as expected so I'm sure having to be picked up off the floor by EMT's explains the heartrate. 

So that was our weekend. It was actually pretty good. Now I've got to jump in the shower and get ready for another fun filled week at work. Wishing you all a great week and a blessed day!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You have a lot of people relying on you! That is awesome that you are able to be there for everyone. Prayers that the steroid works and the baby development speeds up! Hope your stepdad is okay. My Dad just fell a few weekends ago and broke a rib...ugh! It is so hard to see grown men struggle and suffer. Congrats on the thrift store finds - what a great feeling! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH NO - your poor step dad. That's scary! Especially when you're not home.
    Ahh - what a cute Father's day gift for Pappy! I love that.
    Your poor daughter - I'm sure she'll be 10000% on birth control side after this pregnancy :) haha. It's been a rough go for her.
    "sleeping with an octopus who is hunting for his keys" - that made me bust out laughing.
    & #jealous of your Scrabble game!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever idea for a Father's Day card! (… As she's mentally trying to conceptualize.) What do you suppose it is that Colton loves about your car? Prayers still being lifted for Megan … and too, your stepdad. Ouch!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.