June 18, 2019

10 On Tuesday

Random things...

Rain, rain, rain.....and more rain. It's so wet and green it feels like we are becoming a rain forest.

Mom and John made it home from Florida last night. Finally. Got a call from them on Sunday that John had slipped and fallen in the bathroom at their hotel and was in the ER for the gash in his leg and they were watching him because his heart rate was up.

New schedule was posted yesterday. I'm working on July 4th. I'd grumble, but the entire activity staff is working. I haven't heard anything about what's going on, but there will apparently be a big shindig for the residents that requires all hands on deck.

The library's used book sale starts this weekend. Mom is a member of Friends of the Library, who organize and run the sale. I always donate a bunch of books. Tim and Cody helped me carry my donation up to Mom's. I was brutal when it came to deciding what to let go of this year. The total is probably around 80 books. I'm vowing to be a lot more picky about how many I buy this year, too.

It stinks that I have to work this Saturday and will miss the sneak preview day of the book sale. It costs an extra $5 but it's worth it for first crack at the books.

Sharks. Stingrays. Jellyfish. No way am I getting in the ocean. It seems like there's report of new attacks on the news every day.

I can stop feeling bad about not going up to Erie on July 5th for the "reunion" with Tim's family. His sister who lives up there called last night and it sounds like way more of the family WON'T be there than will. Of course, we'll probably be the ones that are horrible for not going.

Tonight is Bible study. Woohoo! It's been a couple of weeks. I need to connect and get recharged.

My garden is doing great. The cucumbers and zucchini plants have tripled in size with this rain. The tomatoes have blossoms. The pepper plants are growing. Tim's onions are growing quickly after being planted late. The only thing not looking all that good is the "Cupcake" squash plant I bought to try. It has a couple of blossoms on it, but the plant really doesn't look good at all and I don't think it has grown. I am already tasting that first tomato and mayonnaise sandwich!

It's less than 6 weeks until our cruise!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the fresh veggies! I hope by next year, things will be settled down and I/we can attempt a garden.

    Oh, and you make me want to join the 10 on Tuesday. Is there a 'mother ship' that suggests weekly themes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No mother ship that I know of. I just started doing it. I can't remember if I saw it anywhere or not. I just pick random topics or like today, no topic.

      Delete
  2. I'd pay the $5 too for first pick of the books. & good for you donating so many back!!!!
    I cant wait to see what the 4th is going to look like at your work - fun to be had :)
    The rain can stop now... we're done drowning here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always pay the $5. I hate that I'm missing out this year! I kind of can't wait to see what the 4th looks like, either. Yes, no more rain, please!?

      Delete
  3. Lots of fun stuff going on and coming up for you! Sorry you will miss first pick of the books this weekend. Maybe your mom and grab a few for you that she knows you would like? Let us know about the 4th activities at your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I give her a list Mom would grab books, but they generally don't have the specific authors I'm looking for. It's usually a matter of browsing and seeing what catches my eye. I'll be sure to let you know about the 4th.

      Delete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.