May 29, 2019

Wednesday Medley: Paperclips!

Well, we are still here after yesterday's storms. Thankfully, we missed the worst of it, but we still saw some pretty ominous skies. All is quiet now, but the forecast says storms will be forming and rolling through again this afternoon. This has sure been a crazy couple weeks of weather!



I'm celebrating not being blown to OZ by linking up with Terri @ Your Friend From Florida for the Wednesday Medley. Today, we celebrate National Paperclip Day.

1.  Wow!  Had you ever heard of the Holocaust project involving paperclips?  It is a great teaching project, for sure!  I haven't heard of it, but it sure would give the kids involved an understanding of just how immense the loss was.

2.  Have you ever created a paperclip chain?  How long did it get?  I'm sure I've probably linked a few paperclips together at some point in my life, but couldn't have amounted to much since I don't remember anything specific.

3.  I use paperclips as hooks at Christmas time to put ornaments on the tree.  Works like a charm!! What is something you used a paperclip for, other than holding papers together?  Zipper pulls, keeping the hole on the glue bottle open, ornament hangers (they are stronger than a lot of the ones you buy these days), bookmark, and back in college I think I wore them as earrings a few times.

4.  I am amazed at the shapes and colors of paperclips available.  I found my favorite... share your favorite with us here!  I use the traditional shape, but I like ones that are pretty colors and those that have cute embellishments like these...



5.  Say goodbye to May on this last Wednesday of May.  Be poetic if you will, or simply bid it adieu.  Soggy month of May I did not love you, so I bid you adieu!

6.  Tell us something about your week so far, please!  There isn't much to tell so far. I worked the whole Memorial Day weekend and Memorial Day itself. Yesterday was my day off and other than taking the dog to be groomed and a quick trip to the grocery store I didn't do a whole lot. I even skipped Bible study last night.
What I did do was sleep. I dozed on and off a lot through the day and last night I got more sleep than I've had in ages. 

My sleep has been a real mess for a few months and it has been taking a toll. It feels amazing to wake up feeling rested today...and my back isn't hurting! Today I am off to work again, but it's a fun day. We're having a bingo marathon for the residents all day!

8 comments:

  1. Bingo sounds like a fun work day!! Cute paperclips!! Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling paper clips! I choose those, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so nice to be able to take a day and just rest, relax and doze as you want. It does revive us. Have fun with Bingo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you needed that sleep! I have been there before. Glad you are feeling better. Enjoy Bingo today! That DOES sound like fun! Loved your answers! Have a nice week!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh ya. I so miss being able to go to sleep and STAY asleep. Those paper clips are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, I hate when my sleep is off. It really does affect your whole mood & how you feel during the day

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad you got caught up on your rest. Sleepless nights are the pits. I've had a few lately and they aren't fun. Thanks for joining the Medley!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.