May 21, 2019

10 On Tuesday

Things I wish I had known...

1. That older people aren't exaggerating about their aches and pains. Getting older really hurts at times!

2. What all those cute shoes with no support would do to my feet. 

3. How much earlier financial decisions would matter later in life. 

4. What all those sunburns would do to my skin.

5. To spend more time building a life for me so it would be there when my husband evolved into a workaholic and the nest emptied out.

6. That my current job existed years ago. 

7. About my biological father when I was younger and still wanted to know him.

8. How quickly life goes by. I wouldn't have put off so many things. I would have been more intentional about being in the moment during a lot of things.

9. That being post-menopausal isn't all that bad...except for the constant battle to remove the whiskers from my chin. I have a whole new sympathy for the bearded ladies of circus sideshows.

10. That I would one day appreciate all the things my parents and grandparents tried to teach me.



4 comments:

  1. Funny girl! All's I can say is AMEN!!! to your #'s 1, 3 and 10.
    BTW, that's a great new header!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true on all points!!! The chin hair thing is a pain in the A$$! Constant is an understatement! UGH! I tried laser removal - did not lessen them AT ALL! UGH! Tweezers are my best friend! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very thoughtful list and one many of can identify with, I think. You banner full of flowers is just lovely!! I agree with Myra on 1, 3, and 10.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man oh man - I'm feeling the shoe/feet thing right now.
    & getting up out of bed, or a chair - all the moans. I think how I used to make fun of my parents for that - not so funny now

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.