March 27, 2019

Wednesday Medley: One For the Joes

It's National "Joe" Day and in honor of that I'm linking up with Terri @ Your Friend From Florida for the Wednesday Medley and a celebration of all things Joe.



1.  Who is your favorite "Joe/Jo" and what can you tell us about him or her?  I don't have any Joe's in my life at the moment so I guess I can tell you about my all-time favorite Joe...my homeroom teacher all through high school. He was one of the boys' gym teachers and a total Italian hottie back in the day. All of us girls had a crush on him. He was a very nice man, too. He really cared about us and showed it by sitting down and talking to us to find out what was going on in our lives, giving us advice and just looking out for us. I don't run into him very often these days, but when I do, he still remembers me and I get a big hug.

2.  Who were you named for and do you or did you know that person?  I'm not named for anyone.

3.  Do you have a middle name and do you like it/use it?  I do and it's okay, but I only use a middle initial.

4.  Have you ever named your car?  Tell us about it, please! The only vehicle I've ever named with any seriousness was the pick-up truck Tim had when we were dating. That truck was big, ugly, and prone to breakdowns. It was awful. I called it the Blue Beast.

5.  Tell us the name of a fictional character you have never forgotten and why you remember it so well. I have no idea where to begin. There are so many characters I've never forgotten. It's one of the "hazards" of being an avid reader.

6.  Share something random with us about your week. This is the day I work noon to 8:00. I've spent the first part of the morning in prayer (the study group I belong to is praying for each other around the clock for a week) and as soon as I finish here I have to find the site and complete my HIPPA compliance for work. Oh, and it seems that I'm either allergic to the chemicals used to produce my new hair color or the chemicals burned me. Leave it to me to get some wonky thing. Ha!
Well I am off to be compliant. You all have a blessed and beautiful day!

17 comments:

  1. The car my husband had when we were dating was a white Ford Explorer and I called it the White Whale. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really nice you still see one of your old teachers from school. I'm sorry about your allergy, and I'm like you. Hard to choose one character after having read so many wonderful books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was impossible for me to choose just one character!

      Delete
  3. ahh - I love that you all are praying for one another all week. That is just awesome!
    Your hair color BURNED YOU??? That's horrifying! I used to use a more natural color & loved it... but the bad thing, it washed out in like 2 to 3 weeks. BOO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure, but I think it burned me because those nearly 100 foils were bleach or something to bleach out my black hair. When they came off my hair was every color from white blonde to carrot orange. Then she put the brown dye over that to get a normal color. What I can't imagine is that it didn't burn when it was happening. I just thought my scalp was kind of sore from her having to tug so much and so hard on my curls to get the foils on and then to straighten it.

      Delete
  4. I had a perm burn my scalp one time. It's no fun. Hope you have a good day at work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm lucky that it doesn't really hurt, it just itches like crazy.

      Delete
  5. Oh the love of compliance testing! We have some sort of testing for compliance each quarter and it is such fun! HA! The hair looks great sorry it burnt you though! UGH! Have a great day! Annster's Domain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still not compliant. I had trouble with the login and had to change a few things. I ran out of time so will have to do it tomorrow.

      Delete
  6. Is it your scalp that's burned? The same thing happened to the President of my company; after that trauma, Sue let her hair go natural. I remember having a huge crush on Mr. Baldwin in 7th grade; in retrospect he was a total Hollywood stenotype of a nerd!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My scalp, my neck, the backs of my ears...
      Yeah, my teacher, in hindsight was pretty much the stereotypical obnoxious, loud Italian from every 80s movie.

      Delete
  7. The Blue Beast! I love it! I have never named a car. Not sure why.
    I hope your head feels better soon...maybe it will calm down.
    Have fun wit your HIPPA training. I have to do that too....*snore* Loved your answers! Have a nice week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lori. It does feel a bit better since I washed it again this morning.

      Delete
  8. Yep... I love your name for Tim's truck! Blue Beast. I can almost see it, just from the name! Ouch to the allergic reaction! Your hair looks fabulous though! Thanks for joining the Medley today! Your Italian homeroom teacher sounds great! Glad you do still see him now and then! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! While you are picturing the Blue Beast, imagine the engine on fire. That actually happened on our July 4th date to the fireworks.

      Delete
  9. Not sure the advantage or disadvantage of being name after someone. But Stacy is a nice name

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.