March 26, 2019

10 On Tuesday

1. I'm reading Phil Robertson's (the Duck Dynasty guy) latest book, The Theft of America's Soul: Blowing the Lid Off the Lies That Are Destroying Our Country. Phil's a very devout Christian so the lies he puts forth spring from his faith and the Bible. The guy makes sense and I can appreciate his brutal honesty about his own life and experiences. Don't be put off by the whole Duck Dynasty thing. Phil is a lot smarter than you'd imagine.

2. The atmosphere at work was kind of weird yesterday. That's because all of the management staff and corporate people left after lunch to attend Dave's funeral. I didn't know Dave, I just saw him in the halls and said "hi" in passing. He was management of some sort, having to do with the nursing staff, but I don't even know exactly what he did. Anyway, he worked last Thursday and by all accounts had a normal day and felt fine, but he went home that day and fell over dead. He was 59. It really rocked those who worked with him and they all went to the funeral yesterday. It was weird to have zero management around.

3. On a happier note at work, my boss told me she hired another staff member and this one will be trained to work on both sides of the building as everyone used to be. So, there will be another person to help cover in the dementia unit. That is long overdue. I don't understand how the most recent hires have gotten away with not being trained or how one long time staff member gets away with refusing to work there (but then I don't know how she gets away with most of what she does or doesn't do).

4. Since spring actually got here the weather's gone back to being on the cold side. The nights are in the 20s and the days have been in the upper 30s and 40s. I think after today we are going to see a bit of a warm up to the 50s, maybe even 60, for a few days. Come on warm weather!

5. Does anybody truly believe we've heard the last of the whole Russian collusion business?

6. Does anyone else feel guilty when they leave for work and explain to their pets that they have to go and tell them they love them and will see them after work? Every single day?

7. I love that the station I watch the morning news on features all women on the air. They have men on at different times and sometimes men fill in, but the morning regulars are all women. Somehow it seems friendlier.

8. We started buying the grandkids' Easter gifts over the weekend. This year the bunny is bringing them kid sized garden tools, gloves, watering cans, and packets of seeds. We always give something in addition to candy and I started cutting out most of the candy when our daughter-in-law didn't want her kids having all that sugary junk.

9. So, I did this last night:


I had been touching up my own roots for nearly 2 years and it had gotten away from me and the color was nearly black. My stylist used about 100 foils to bleach it (I nearly died when the foils came off and my hair was every shade from white blonde to orange), then put a pretty brown over all of it. I think it turned out pretty well. Then knowing I'd like to get a Brazilian blowout again, she straightened my hair so I can enjoy straight hair for one day. The whole process took about 4 hours and a whole lot of color. It doesn't look like it here because she has my hair so smooth, but I have a LOT of hair and she had to work through all the curls....and let me tell you, my head was sore from all the pulling and tugging!

Oh, and for those who wanted to see....those are the new glasses I'm wearing.

10. I'm tired today. If I was a different kind of person, I'd call off work today and use one of my sick days. But I'm not so I'd better stop dragging my feet and go get ready. Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. I love the hair and the glasses so much! They both look great!!! I feel guilty everyday leaving my cats! The vacation where I was away for ten days killed me - they probably enjoyed their alone time! HA HA! Have a great week Stacy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks AMAZINGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!
    I am SO OVER this Russian thing. Like that's the only thing in politics that needs focus? COME ON!!!! It really is a witch hunt.
    58 years old... that sort of thing just freaks me out... tomorrow is not promised.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the glasses … and your new header is WOW! #6? Every stinkin' time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I love your new glasses and your color (and straight hair) looks great! Gosh, I remember trying to tame the curls over so many years. Yours looks great, Stacy. I keep mine too short now to try to pull the curl out. Glad it sounds like you might have some help on the dementia floor. Excellent!! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.