March 24, 2019

A Thought Provoking Sunday Stealing

It's time for a little Sunday Stealing with Bev and the other thieves. Be sure to stop by the site to find links to the other bloggers playing along or to join in the fun for yourself.

These are from a site called Thought Provoking Questions..

1. When was the last time you tried something new?  I made salt dough for the residents at work the other day. I've never done that before. The woman who plans the activities thought it would be popular...touch tends to be important to dementia patients. However, they did not like it. Not at all.

2. Who do you sometimes compare yourself to?  Sometimes I catch myself comparing myself to my coworkers. It's tough not to if I've had a bad day with the residents and a coworker seems to have the "magic touch." We all do it.

3. What’s the most sensible thing you’ve ever heard someone say?  Your day will be just about as good as your attitude.

4. What gets you excited about life?  Everything. Life is a gift and every day that I wake up is exciting. My faith, my family, and work that helps others all help to excite me.

5. What life lesson did you learn the hard way?  That I have no control over anyone else's behavior. The only thing I can control is my reaction to their behavior. That was a hard, hard lesson to learn...especially with my kids.

6. What do you wish you spent more time doing five years ago?  Exercising.

7. Do you ask enough questions or do you settle for what you know?  It depends on the subject. Sometimes I let things go, but I've learned to ask questions and not let go till I get answers when it comes to important things like health, finances, etc.

8. Who do you love and what are you doing about it?  My husband and the rest of my family...and Jesus. I certainly tell them so, but I agree that actions speak louder than words so I always try to show how I feel.

9. What’s a belief that you hold with which many people disagree?  I would say that it seems like more and more it's my Christian beliefs. I am not an extremist, but I am pretty conservative and that is getting less and less popular even within the church itself.

10. What can you do today that you were not capable of a year ago?  Walking the amount that I do for work. I might have done it, but I would have been in a world of hurt.

11. Do you think crying is a sign of weakness or strength?  I never really thought about it, but I guess I lean toward thinking it's a weakness. My own personal thinking has always been "never let them see you cry." Just keep in mind, my thinking comes from having an extremely strict father who sought to bring me down with words in order to make me a better person. I know my thinking is flawed, but I still find it difficult to cry.

12. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?  Nothing that I can think of.

13. Do you celebrate the things you do have?  I think so. I thank God every day for all that I have.

14. What is the difference between living and existing?  Existing is surviving. Living is enjoying life.

15. If not now, then when?  When the time is right...or maybe never, some things are not meant to be.

16. Have you done anything lately worth remembering?  Most things in life are worth remembering. It's all part of the ride. The bigger question is have you done anything anyone else will remember? Did you brighten someone's day? Did you make a difference?

17. What does your joy look like today?  It looks like a restful day at home with my husband.

18. Is it possible to lie without saying a word?  Yes. Not telling the truth by being silent is the same as lying.

19. If you had a friend who spoke to you in the same way that you sometimes speak to yourself, how long would you allow this person to be your friend?  We might not be besties, but we'd be friends. I've learned not to be all that hard on myself.

20. Which activities make you lose track of time?  Blogging, Facebook, video games, writing, reading, and flea markets/yard sales/auctions.


14 comments:

  1. Great answers Stacy. I especially agree with #9 More so now than ever. It can't be easy doing the kind of work you do. I don't think I could handle that kind of work myself. You are a blessing my friend. I think I forgot to do #20 LOL! Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words about my work. Some days it is rough and some days it just blesses me to no end. And yes, it is tough being a Christian these days, no matter where one falls on the spectrum from liberal to conservative. A handful of extremists give us all a black eye.

      Delete
  2. I love your answer to #16! Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder why your patients didn't enjoy making things with the salt dough? Sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, but when I gave it to them and showed them what we were going to do they just looked at me like I had 3 heads. LOL

      Delete
  4. I totally agree with #9 and that would have been my answer too. I feel like Christians are under attack more than ever. It is really sad.
    I am curious about the salt dough too. I hope you can find something they will like. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I blame the media (and Satan!). They are the same with Christians as they are with everyone else. All they focus on is the bad so that's the perception the world has.

      Delete
  5. So many things I might learn from your example! I especially liked #5.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that #5 was a very hard lesson for me. When it's your kids you want to make everything better, but when they grow up they have to live their own lives and sink or swim.

      Delete
  6. Hard questions today and good answers from you! Wishing you a good week ahead! Stop comparing yourself to others! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good answers. I have more to say but not today, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  8. #11 -- I guess we're sisters because it sounds like we had the same dad. I've gotten to the point where I can cry, but I do it privately.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.