March 16, 2019

Sunday Stealing: COOOKIEEEEES



A Happy St. Patrick's Day to all! I have to work so I'm getting this posted ahead of time and will catch up with everyone later. Later, as in after dinner, 'cause my mommy is cooking the corned beef and cabbage and we're invited to dinner. M-mmmm!

Of today's questions, our hostess, Bev, says:

I just learned that March 6 was was National Oreo Cookie day, so in honor, here are some cookie questions.

Please stop by the Sunday Stealing blog and thank Bev for playing hostess and coming up with the questions week after week. You can find links to posts of everyone playing along, too.


1. Do you eat Oreos?  Once in a while and never when I'm out. I hate having crumby black teeth.
2.  If you eat Oreos, which are your favorite – original, double stuff, golden original, golden double stuff, Oreo brownies, Oreo ice cream?  I actually like the double chocolate ones and the golden ones with chocolate centers the best.

3.  Do you twist your Oreos apart?  Nope.

4.  Are you able to pass by a plate of cookies and not take one or are you a bit of a 'Cookie Monster'?  Nestle Toll House cookies are the only cookies I can't resist.

5.  Tell us about your favorite cookie. Crunchy, soft, chewy, crumbly, other?  Oops...kind of got ahead of things with my last answer. I like Nestle Toll House cookies warm from the oven....and at all other times. Ha!

6. Have your tastes changed since you were a kid?  My tastes in cookies? No. I've always liked the Toll House cookies best.

7.  Enquiring minds want to know if you are a dunker and, if so, do you dunk in milk, coffee, or tea?  No dunking. I don't want soggy cookies or crumby milk/coffee/tea.

8.  It is that time of year and they are selling them on every corner and in front of every store!  Do you buy Girl Scout cookies and if you do, which is your favorite?  I like Samoas, but I don't buy Girl Scout cookies these days.

9.  Raw cookie dough.  Yay or Nay?  I like it, but I don't eat it.

10.  Do you like cookies with filling?  Some, but not too many and mainly only apricot filling.

11.  Do you prefer organic cookies?  I don't know if I've ever eaten an organic cookie.

12.  Large cookies, or small cookies?  Just normal sized.

13.  Do you like familiar flavours in cookies?  Yes. I'm not particularly adventurous in my cookies.

14.  Do you make your own cookies, or buy them?  Both. I am pretty darn good at making cookies, but I don't always have the time or energy these days.

15.  Please tell us something random about your week!!  Monday is my day off, but I have to go in to work at 4:00 for a meeting....lots of changes in the department and it's about how to handle them. Even the boss is kind of floundering at the moment. I'm also getting my new glasses on Monday. I can't wait! The world has been looking pretty blurry for about 2 months now. After that it is work, work, work....until Saturday when our son's 2 kids are coming to visit while he and his wife go to a show. We are excited. We don't get to see the grandkids too often and rarely on our own.

10 comments:

  1. Toll house cookies are irresistible. I can't make them because I'd eat them all. hmm .. that's not so bad, is it? Apricot filled cookies with ginger in the cookie dough are pretty tasty.
    Hope you have a good week Stacey. Congrats on the new glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you can, get your hands on some Australian Tim Tams - you don't know what you're missing out on

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy St Patty's Day! Hope you have a good day at work! This week was a little dejavu.. in the questions..lol Yay for new glasses! I need to make an appointment to get mine rechecked and get some new ones. Have a great Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how wonderful it is to get your new glasses.. after cataract surgery I had to go a while not being able to see anything up close and readers are great around the house, but not out shopping! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have an eye doctor appt. at the end of month as I need new specs as well. Not looking forward to the expense but it would be nice to be able to see the numbers on the calendar on the wall. :-) Another Toll House girl. They are the best cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I almost think the glasses I got last summer are too strong for what I actually need. Ah, well, I go in May so I'll find out then.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fun with those kiddos!! Show us your new glasses, please, when you get them! Hope the changes at work will be good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Toll House cookies sound so good! YUMMY!
    I am so excited for you about getting your new glasses. It stinks to not be able to see good. Loved your answers! Have a Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. https://youtu.be/Fyy5t-tL0xA. Shows you how to make a Victoria Sponge Cake from the British Baking Competition. Have a grand new week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. New glasses can be quite exciting after not being able to see properly before. Best of luck with the new glasses.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.