March 18, 2019

Smile, It's Monday (and there's nothing you can do about it!)

Good morning! It's my day off...always a good day. It's nice to be able to start out slow even though I didn't sleep in at all. 

Today I'm catching up on chores around the house, picking up my new glasses, and this afternoon I have to go to a mandatory meeting at work. My department head is going to be discussing (and be open to suggestions about) how to meet the demands of the new duties assigned to us. All the new demands on us aren't affecting me in the dementia unit, but it is killing us out in the rest of the facility. I'm sure my boss is eager to get things worked out and running smoothly because there have been a lot of shake ups lately. (A couple of weeks ago they came in on a Friday and fired the entire maintenance department and an outside company started the next day. Last week they demoted and gave a huge pay cut to my supervisor in the dementia unit. The department heads aren't in the union so they have no protection. And adding to the fun, our contract is up at the end of next month.)

My knee is doing much better. Thank you to those who were praying over the weekend. 

Tim's knee, on the other hand....  I am thinking he's completely undone any good last summer's surgery did. He is in a lot of pain that has steadily gotten worse over the last week or so. He wants me to order some knee brace he saw online, and I will because it looks like a pretty good one, but I have been preaching at him all weekend to call the doctor that did his knee and tell him what's going on. They were very good about seeing him quickly last year and I'm sure they will help him with the pain until something can be done. I'm being pretty insistent with him because we have that cruise coming up and it would sure put a damper on it if he can't walk much and is in pain the whole time.

Now, I am off to get busy. I am determined to be productive today. Have a great Monday!

4 comments:

  1. Glad your knee is doing better... but yeah, Tim needs to check his. If he's torn something, he doesnt want to make it worse!... I've said this before a dozen times, to help him till he gets in, check out KT Tape - its a MIRACLE for knees when you learn how to put it on.
    Hope the meeting goes smoothly today. That's scary - & could be good - when lots of shake ups happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure am sorry to read that Tim's knee is not good. I agree with you that he needs to let the doctor know about it. Good luck with that meeting today. Hope it accomplishes some good for all. Keep us posted, please!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately, the shake-ups you cite sound exactly like what we experienced when Big Corporation acquired The Legacy. Thankfully, I was low enough on the totem pole my job was never in jeopardy. Praying that between the brace and his doctors, Tim gets some relief!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear! Hopefully he will have someone look at his knee before the pain becomes more damage! And having a cruise to look forward sounds like great motivation for me. :) Hope work gets less stressful soon...

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.