March 20, 2019

Happy Spring!

Happy First Day of Spring! I'm up early today so I have time to link up with Terri @ Your Friend From Florida and join in the fun of the Wednesday Medley before heading off to work. It's cold this morning, but warming up to a high in the 50s this afternoon...not too shabby for March in the mountains of Pennsylvania. 

On with the Medley!


1.  The first spring flowers are usually daffodils, dandelions, lilies, tulips, iris. and lilacs. Which one of those choices is your favorite? Daffodils. I love seeing a whole yard full of the sunny yellow wonders. I can't help but smile.  Have you seen any yet? Heavens, no! We've had a couple of warm days tossed into the mix in recent weeks, but it's not warm enough yet. If they start popping up now they're likely to end up getting froze.

2.  What is your least favorite thing about spring? Rain and mud. Our yard tends to lay with water so it's a mess and the dog doesn't want to go out. Then there is the fact that Tim works in construction. Job sites are big mud holes when it rains and the Spring's constant rain means he comes home covered in mud nearly every day.

3.  Okay, what puts a spring in your step?  My relationship with the Lord, a beautiful sunny morning, a favorite song, a pleasant surprise, being appreciated at work.....

4.  What is your favorite springtime song?  I've thought about it and I have to say I don't have a favorite springtime song. I have a favorite Easter song, "Christ Arose." I dearly remember the thrill of standing by my dad in church on Easter mornings, smelling his Old Spice cologne, and listening to his deep voice sing out the jubilant words "Up from the grave He arose, with a mighty triumph o'er His foes!"

5.  What really says spring to you?  It used to be seeing the robins return, but they seem to start coming back in January these days, so not that. I think it's that first lawn full of dandelions I see.

6.  Tell us something random about your week.  This morning's news tells me there is going to be snow on Friday! The bright side of that is that the nice weather will be back for the weekend. Yay! Since our grandchildren will be here on Saturday.


19 comments:

  1. We are getting rain on Friday. We don't mind tho because my husband always says... you don't have to shovel rain! Enjoy that sunny weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I guess that is true! Ha! Have a good weekend where you are, too.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo to the snow on Friday! Its showing 37 and windy for us . I love that song: ! Christ Arose... I am now singing it! My yard is a muddy mess now too... Lici hates it! Have a great Wednesday!! Oh, hey, how are the new glasses??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The new glasses are great! It is so nice to be able to see clearly again.

      Delete
  4. Ah, snow. I wish we were having some. We've had spring nearly all winter and before that it was summer. So annoying. I'm trying to get into spring this year, in between all the sneezing and runny eyes and sinus headaches. Haha! I do hope the weather is perfect for the grandkiddos' visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I feel for you. Even though spring is just getting started, the allergy symptoms are getting started, too. Boo!

      Delete
  5. I think the Robins know enough to stay away from Wisconsin. Maybe next week though, when it's a tad warmer. We're on sandy loam, so we don't get a lot of that mud. Have a wonderful Wednesday. Enjoyed your Easter Sunday memory.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your memory of hearing your dad sing stirred so many wonderful memories of my own dad and his rich base voice. I found some cassette tapes of some of my dad's sermons. I could listen to that voice all day. Even after 25 years, I still miss him so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how wonderful! I am glad I sparked some precious memories for you.

      Delete
  7. It has been nice this week for my Spring Break...near 60 everyday. Just gorgeous! We have rain on the way though. Loved your answers! Have a great first day of Spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How nice that you've had great weather for your break. I hope you've had a nice week!

      Delete
  8. I love your answers to numbers 3 and 4. What a great memory of standing next to your dad. Also, daffodils make me smile, too and today was the first day I saw any in our neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not seeing them here yet. It will probably be a couple of weeks or more.

      Delete
  9. Yep... I totally have memories of that song on Easter Sundays myself... singing it now... you never forget those things :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know you are looking forward to those kiddos! That Easter hymn is the one I chose. My dad rarely went to church but mom sang in the choir so those hymns do bring back memories!! Thanks for joining the Medley today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are! It is a wonderful hymn and my dad didn't go to church a whole lot, but Easter was one he never missed. I guess that's why I remember it so much.

      Delete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.