March 21, 2019

A Very Thankful Thursday

Good morning! I'm joining in with sweet blogger, Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand, to show a little gratitude on this Thankful Thursday.  Please be sure to pay her a visit to find links to other thankful bloggers or to join in for yourself. There is always room for more thankful friends!

This week I am thankful...  

* for daylight savings time. I may not like it being dark until right as I'm leaving for work in the mornings, but that will only last a little while longer and I am LOVING the extra daylight when I get home. It leaves me feeling energized and more likely to get things accomplished after work. 

* for the little tastes of Spring that are coming more often....a warm sunny afternoon, a chorus of birdsong, the tips of my hostas poking through the mulch, long lines at the car wash (Ha! Those lines are so long I never have time when it's nice to get my poor car washed...hoping to change that this weekend).

* my knee continues to feel better. Yay! No trips to the doctor for that. At least for now.

* the April schedule came out at work. I am off on Easter!! It's the first holiday I've been off since I started working at the nursing home.

* for my new glasses. It's taking a bit to get used to moving from the old small lenses to the new, larger style that's popular now (it feels so heavy on my face) but it is wonderful to be seeing clearly again. I think I'm going to go back and order a pair of prescription sunglasses since they are 50% off until the end of April.

* as I sit here watching the morning news, that I have the privilege of being American. This country certainly has it's share of problems, but it is still the best place to be. If it wasn't, why are so many risking everything to get here? I do think we need to turn ourselves around, though, before God removes his blessing from us...if he hasn't already.

* for a healthy winter. Considering where I work, I feel beyond blessed that I haven't had so much as a stuffy nose this winter. I've missed Norovirus, the flu, colds and any other creeping crud that has been floating around.

* that the change in our work hours and the added duties, makes the days fly by. We don't have time to relax for even a second, but we bare notice since it makes the time go so quickly.  I'm also thankful that we are figuring out ways to carry out our new duties on top of the old ones in ways that are not stressful and don't short-change the residents.

* my boss has remained in a much better mood....friendly, appreciative, complimentary, kind....even through the stress of changing everything (and probably stress about job security since the entire maintenance dept. was let go and her counterpart in the dementia unit was demoted and given a huge pay cut...I imagine all department heads are feeling a little nervous).

* for shnuggles (yes, I made that word up) with Colton after work yesterday. Nothing better!

* for the undeserved grace and mercy of God and his perfect plan for not just the world, but for me personally. How awesome is it that the One who created the universe and everything in it, also created us in his image, knows everything about us from what is on our minds and in our hearts to the number of hairs on our heads?  How awesome that he loves us so much he gave his own son to give us a way back to him? How awesome that he forgives us and gives us chance after chance to get it right? It boggles my mind!


* for each one of you who stops by to visit my humble blogging home.

I am off to finish getting ready for work. Have a blessed and amazing day, my friends!


3 comments:

  1. Shnuggles.... I like that word ;)
    I'm with you - I dont know what it is but that extra bit of sunlight at night gives me so much more energy to do work around the house & home... so weird how that works.
    YAHOOOO being off on Easter! That's the holiday I'd pick to have off myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you please pass me some of your energy? SO glad your work life is not only improving, but actually enjoyable!
    I didn't realize the larger glasses were coming back into vogue. Because I couldn't find anything akin to the 'Jackie O' look, I've been refusing to wear mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shnuggles! Love it!! Your list today is so full of positive energy and put a smile on my face several times! We need to see a picture of you in your new glasses, please!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.