February 16, 2019

Sunday Stealing: It's Been a Long and Winding Road

It's another work day for me, but I can't miss joining in the fun with Bev and the other thieves for a little Sunday Stealing!

1. When did you last sing to yourself? Driving home in the car last night. 

2. If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about anything, what would you want to know?  It would certainly be nice to know when anyone is telling the truth...particularly politicians, the media, and those making terrible accusations that destroy lives. 

3. What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?  Raising my children to be fine people. They are married, raising beautiful children, working hard, and honest.

4. What is the first happy memory that comes to mind, recent or otherwise?  There is a resident in the dementia unit at work who has been fading rather quickly lately. She doesn't respond like she used to, which was with great humor...even if it didn't make sense...but on Saturday she sudden piped up during our sing-along time and sang all of I've Been Working On the Railroad. That truly made my day and I couldn't stop smiling.

5. If you knew that in one year you would die suddenly, would you change anything about the way you are now living?  I would quit my job and spend all the time I could with the ones I love and enjoying the life I have left.

6. Do you feel you had a happy childhood?  Yes, for the most part. It didn't get difficult until my teen years.

7. Would you ever have a deep conversation with a stranger and open up to them?  I have...and I have also been the stranger to whom someone has opened up. Sometimes it's much easier to share with someone who isn't close to us. We can express thoughts and feelings we might not be able to share with those we know.

8. What would you title the autobiography of your life so far?  The Long and Winding Road.

9. How do you feel about tattoos and piercings? Explain.  I don't have a problem with them. I have both. I don't care for excessive piercings or total coverage with tattoos, but that's just my personal taste. If it's your thing, then you do what you like. I don't judge.

10. Do you wear a lot of makeup? Why/why not?  Since starting my new job, I do wear makeup every day, but just some primer, blush, and mascara. I very rarely wear more as I tend to have oily skin and it clogs my pores. I also just don't like the feel of a bunch of gunk on my face. I rarely wear any when I am at home.

11.The world is listening. Pick one sentence you would tell them. Try listening to each other and treating each other with respect and kindness because precious few of us are completely good or completely evil.

12. Who in the world would you most like to receive a letter from and what would you want it to say?  It would be lovely to get a letter from our two oldest grandchildren saying they'd like to come for a visit.

13. Do you have a desk/workspace and how is it organised/not organized?  I do and it's a bit unorganized, though I'm always trying to change that. It's just that I do so much there...craft, Bible study, writing, etc.

14. What’s your Starbucks order, and who would you trust to order for you, if anyone?  I don't drink coffee so I don't have a Starbucks order at all.


15. What is the most important thing to you in your life right now?  My faith and my family.


Wherever you are and whatever you do today,
have a lovely day filled with happiness and love.

15 comments:

  1. Respect and kindness are important. Great answers. I enjoyed reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #2 .... Wish I'd tightened that! #8 is one of my favorite songs ever. #11?. Oh man, thats wise counsel. Now I'm singing, "Working on the Railroad"...all the live-long day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stupid auto correct! Should have read, "I'd thought of that."

      Delete
  3. My dad had dementia/alzheimer's. It is so hard. He was on the dementia wing at one time and I absolutely loved the residents. My son was especially good with them. There was a lady that would hit and get really upset. I saw him calm her down more than once when my dad was there. Josh even danced with her. She must have thought he was her family maybe. I told Josh he has a gift and he should maybe work at a nursing home, but he said no. It might be too soon and remind him of my dad too much. That is awesome about the lady singing. Songs stick with you, it must be that part of the brain.
    I am not a coffee fan either. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Stace!! I have to tell you that my aunt was in an altzhimers facility for 2 years before she passed. Those workers had a heart of gold and such patients!! I admire you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm humbled. I love every one of the residents. They all bring something to my life...I just wish I could have known them before.

      Delete
  5. I've often had people open up to me--I know I'm a very good listener, and people sense it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they do. Listening is an art and most are too busy talking to hear what anyone else is saying.

      Delete
  6. What a wonderful happy memory. It's amazing how songs stay in the brain longer than just about anything else. My mother has zero short term memory, often thinks I"m her mother, doesn't remember her siblings are dead, has no clue she has grandchildren, but I have a playlist of tunes from the 40s and 50s in my car and by god she can sing every single song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you have something you can enjoy with your mom. I hope she doesn't lose that.

      Delete
  7. I agree with you about talking to strangers. Sometimes you just meet people you can click with easily and open up with. I love your autobiography title!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're right about talking to strangers. I've been on both ends. Sometimes when I was writing a story people would spill their guts. Lots of things said to me that never made print, I respect people too much to be mean.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed your answers, Stacy! I especially like your answer for #2!! Wishing you a good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.