February 18, 2019

A Weekend of Work & Puppy Love

Well, good morning beautiful people! I could have put a funny picture about hating Monday over there, but since my job requires working every other weekend...Mondays just don't pack the punch that they used to. Plus, I am a firm believer in the idea that you can have any kind of day you make up your mind to have...and I'm going to have a good day. I hope you choose that for yourself, as well.

Life (and the weekend) has been going pretty well. Things were so great at work all last week that it was almost SCARY! Have you ever just hit a groove at work and it seemed like you were golden? That's how it's been lately. Plus, my cranky, overly critical boss has been in a good mood and NICE! In fact, she was so nice last week that I got brave enough to act on a couple of ideas that popped into my head (not without asking her first, of course) and she loved the ideas and responded very enthusiastically. Best of all, she officially approved my time off to go on the cruise this summer. She didn't have to since I won't have been there long enough to have vacation time. She signed off on it as unpaid vacation on Friday. Yes!

The weekend was spent in the dementia unit (as is every weekend I work). It wasn't too bad. The behaviors didn't really start to ramp up until yesterday afternoon and that I blame on the upcoming full moon on Tuesday and the barometric pressure change with yesterday's weather change. 

The only real issue was having to work with my "favorite" CNA...the one I am always grumbling about because of how she treats the residents. She was on a real roll yesterday and being ignorant to everyone...residents, family members, and me. 21 years old and she knows EVERYTHING...I sure hope she goes out and makes her millions before she gets older and forgets it all. I also hope for her sake that she has a change of heart one day and that she doesn't get what she deserves. The afternoon aides are not so kind in their hopes for her since they are the ones who come in and have to deal with residents who have not been toileted or changed for the biggest part of the day or who have been treated with impatience and anger....that sort of thing (understandably) distresses the residents and brings out all kinds of behaviors.

But, other than that....work has been great! I work today from 12-8 and then I have tomorrow off, work Wednesday-Friday and then have the weekend off. I'm so looking forward to it! Last week had worked out that I only had one day off during an 8-day stretch...that was just a little too much work in a row, but at least it was a good week.

Sunday I was hoping to come home to a new dog, but it wasn't meant to be. It started when I took my daughter to the shelter on Thursday to pick up the kitten she adopted (she changed her mind and did not get the cat named Valentine on Valentine's Day). While she was doing all that she had to do, I wandered around the shelter loving on the pups and kitties. 

Flash and Ruby dressed for the wedding!
There was a pair of Beagles that I really liked but they weren't available until yesterday due to the fact that they were the "bride" and "groom" in Saturday night's fundraising event. Then I met Hunter, a little Beagle, who was full grown but only a little bit bigger than my little Daisy. He was so friendly and loving. All he wanted to do was get loved on and love me back. I adored him! We had to leave, though, and I had to work the next 3 days, but I just couldn't forget about him.

My sweet hubby volunteered to go as soon as they opened yesterday and see if he could get him for me. Hunter was still there and Tim liked him right away, but a couple with a young son with Downs Syndrome came in a few minutes after him and it turned out they had adopted Hunter on Saturday and were there to pick him up. I'm disappointed, but Tim talked with the people and said they were really nice and that little boy just loved Hunter so I'm happy they found each other.

Tim spent time with the other two Beagles as well, but decided against both. He thought the female was too timid and the male, while very, very friendly and good natured, was probably too energetic for us right now with both of us working and keeping odd hours. Plus, the shelter told him both had been treated for lyme disease and would have to be treated for life. Oh well. I trust God will bring another pup into our lives when the timing and the dog are right.


4 comments:

  1. I am so glad you had a good stretch at work! It is so hard when work stinks!!!! I totally agree that the day turns out like we expect so I love that attitude of sharing a smile and expecting the best! Have a great week Stacy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. & that is exactly why I dont get into a shelter!!! haha - I would totally come out with plans to adopt another dog ... or two - possibly three ;) Glad to hear the baby got adopted though & to a good family.
    Hang in there... that day off & then the weekend will be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah heck, I would have been heartbroken to have missed the pup I wanted. I'm sure he went home with a good family, but just the same...

    Nice that you have the weekend off coming up! Also nice that work has been going well for you. Too bad about the baby CNA who thinks she knows it all.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.