February 14, 2019

A Thankful Valentine's Day

Good morning and Happy Valentine's Day! It's my only day off in an 8-day stretch. I should be sleeping in, but Tim woke me up at 4:30 to say goodbye and wish me a happy Valentine's Day before he left for work. Once awake I found I couldn't shut my mind off, so here I am. It's okay....it's going to be a great day!

I'm linking up with blogging friend, Rebecca Jo @ Knit By God's Hand for Thankful Thursday...which is just a sweet time to do a little bragging on God and share about all of the amazing blessings He's given us. It's hands down my favorite blogging day of the week. It's so positive and encouraging and we can all use more of that in this world we live in.

Here we go!


This week I am thankful...

*  work has been going great and has been less stressful. I got some cool news yesterday. Because of changes made in how they are doing meal times in the dementia unit, my schedule has changed from 9-5 to 8-4 when I am working daylight there. I will still work 9-5 out in the other units and pull one or two 12-8 shifts per week, but I will gladly take getting home an hour earlier a couple of days per week!

*  today is shaping up to be a great day! I'm going with Megan and Colton at lunch time to one of those places for kids with pizza and games (sort of like Chuck E. Cheese). Megan is taking him as part of his Valentine's Day since he likes going there so much. Later Tim said he will be home a bit earlier and we'll go out to eat. Cool beans. I was going to cook something special, but going out works!

*  Tim is really committed to keeping his appointment with the rheumatologist next week. I had to look up exactly what they deal with and found that they deal with all the autoimmune issues. We are sure praying we finally get some answers as to why Tim hurts from head to toe all the time. He makes himself go to work, but then there is nothing left to give most of the time. His quality of life is dreadful.

*  for my co-workers on the afternoon shift. Those girls are great! They are fun to work with, but more important...they really love the residents and take care of them the way they should be cared for. They also help me out when I need them instead of leaving me on my own all the time.

*  that after 3 days of absolutely horrible windy, icy, snowy weather it's going to be 50 degrees today!

*  for good books and getting back to doing more reading. I'm reading Iron Lake by William Kent Krueger right now and next up might be  Nine Perfect Strangers by Liane Moriarty (I bought it last week).

*  that Megan and her family got approved to adopt a cat from the local shelter and they are picking her up today. She comes with the name Valentine! How cute is that?? I can't wait to meet her. Bonus: it means they are finally beginning to heal and move on from having to give up Hank.

*  as always, for each on of you!

Have a wonderful Valentine's Day enjoying the ones you love!


5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new family member Valentine!!! That is so sweet!! I hope Tim starts to feel better soon! Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great news - both from your workplace and family! Of course I've heard of rheumatologists before, but wasn't exactly sure what it is they do. Not being on top of his game must feel like an awful burden to Tim. Prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the cat works out.
    have a great lunch with the family!!!! & enjoy that dinner out!
    & still lifting up prayers for Tim on his doctor's appointment. Answers & help!!! Keep us updated!
    Happy Valentines Day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun at your Valentine's dinner. How romantic! Congrats on the new kitten. Love her name!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A cat named Valentine! Love it!! I'm happy you got a good shift change! I'm sure you had fun with Colton and Megan at lunch today! Hope your weekend at work goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting! I love hearing from readers and friends so please do leave a comment and I'll respond as soon as I can.